Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Party fOwl

I'm not sure where the best location for this topic would be, but since it surrounds our FB program, I'll start here and the Admins/Mods can move at their discretion.

What would entice you to visit the Forkas Alumni Center for Party fOwl prior to home games this season?  We had a low turnout last year and are considering some new ideas to get Alumni and FAU Football fans to come by, visit, get food (it will be free this year) and share a beer with fellow fans and alums.

Please be constructive with your opinions, we are trying to reinvigorate and reconnect with our alumni and would really like to rally around the Alumni Center as much as possible around FB season.

Thank you all in advance!
Back to the top

Re: Party fOwl

SigEp77 said

I'm not sure where the best location for this topic would be, but since it surrounds our FB program, I'll start here and the Admins/Mods can move at their discretion.

What would entice you to visit the Forkas Alumni Center for Party fOwl prior to home games this season?  We had a low turnout last year and are considering some new ideas to get Alumni and FAU Football fans to come by, visit, get food (it will be free this year) and share a beer with fellow fans and alums.

Please be constructive with your opinions, we are trying to reinvigorate and reconnect with our alumni and would really like to rally around the Alumni Center as much as possible around FB season.

Thank you all in advance!

Ill start. Ive never heard of it.  :(

Im assuming this is the area rigth by the Owsley statue? I remember walking by it and seeing some speakers and people hanging out?

Now, Im not Alumni so maybe thats why I havent heard of it but my wife is and I dont think she has eitehr.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

We (my wife and I) went and would not go back. Very boring, not even a way to introduce people (if there was we were not- actually we were never spoken to the entire time after paying at the door). As we and a few we spoke to at the game itself had not been to campus since wherever, that was lame.
And THAT is my 2nd point. Not only did I have to pay $20 for my wife to be admitted with me (An Alumni member), then I paid I forget how much folr the beer and food. it came to I beleve around $50 total. Turned out to be and Alumni Association fundraiser to me. ONE guest (especially a spouse) should be admitted for free with the member!
And did I forget to mention it was boring?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

We (my wife and I) went and would not go back. Very boring, not even a way to introduce people (if there was we were not- actually we were never spoken to the entire time after paying at the door). As we and a few we spoke to at the game itself had not been to campus since wherever, that was lame.
And THAT is my 2nd point. Not only did I have to pay $20 for my wife to be admitted with me (An Alumni member), then I paid I forget how much folr the beer and food. it came to I beleve around $50 total. Turned out to be and Alumni Association fundraiser to me. ONE guest (especially a spouse) should be admitted for free with the member!
And did I forget to mention it was boring?

So besides admitting a guest for free, what would entice you to come back?  We are well aware of the criticisms and will certainly take your perspective back, but we also are looking for ways to IMPROVE the experience and add to it.
Back to the top

Maybe if they can alumni association leverage with athletics to provide a space (actual space for vehicles and typical tailgating fare) for alumni association tailgating section next to the Forkas house (have to be a up to date paying member of the alumni association) and get the scene going. Being in close vicinity to the building might cause alums to go in and check it out especially if its has HD screens with other games playing at the time. Make it enticing and allow tailgating in that area for longer period than the rest of public this could get people to join the Alumni association. Once you get enough core people tailgating there it might bring in more people.
Back to the top

Going FREE on the chow will have them coming in droves…heck when they used to have the tents down at Lockhart, they would allow people in for like $10 i believe…and they had large crowds at times.

Back to the top

boozie132 said

Maybe if they can alumni association leverage with athletics to provide a space (actual space for vehicles and typical tailgating fare) for alumni association tailgating section next to the Forkas house (have to be a up to date paying member of the alumni association) and get the scene going. Being in close vicinity to the building might cause alums to go in and check it out especially if its has HD screens with other games playing at the time. Make it enticing and allow tailgating in that area for longer period than the rest of public this could get people to join the Alumni association. Once you get enough core people tailgating there it might bring in more people.

Not bad!
Back to the top

boozie132 said

Interesting thought about the tailgating area, I will run that up the line.  I think the challenge is breaking up groups that tailgate together that are NOT FAUNAA members.  Some thought definitely needs to go into that.  We do broadcast games during the entire event at the Alumni Center, each classroom is equipped with a projector to do this.

Food will be free this year and there is an option to purchase beer with free refills, more to come on that.

We are working on an idea where someone speaks to all in attendance about the Owls game plan for that game, team information, goals for the game etc.  How would you all feel about coming and listening to someone close to the team, not a coach or staff member, talk to something like this?
Back to the top

Party fOwl

SigEp77 said

boozie132 said

Interesting thought about the tailgating area, I will run that up the line.  I think the challenge is breaking up groups that tailgate together that are NOT FAUNAA members.  Some thought definitely needs to go into that.  We do broadcast games during the entire event at the Alumni Center, each classroom is equipped with a projector to do this.

Food will be free this year and there is an option to purchase beer with free refills, more to come on that.

We are working on an idea where someone speaks to all in attendance about the Owls game plan for that game, team information, goals for the game etc.  How would you all feel about coming and listening to someone close to the team, not a coach or staff member, talk to something like this?

With tailgating over the years you tend to have only a few people that actually bring tailgating fare and the rest kind of join in to the party, so on the lines of breaking up groups the people that are not involved in alumni association are free to tailgate and walk in the area just not park and set up gear there ( chairs and coolers are fine as long as the main setup is by an alumni member). Last year we had people walking up to our tailgate that had to park in other section. I think I might have walked over to the party fOwl maybe once or twice because it was located away from where our group was tailgating.  This is just the first phase to shift attention over to that area and could work for marketing tool to join the alumni association they could make the step to generation of revenue when the numbers build. Also the wives and girlfriends would love because they would have access to flushing toilets and toilet paper.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

boozie132 said

Not bad!

+1  - great idea if possible.  I like to tailgate but if I could do both then I might be interested in coming over.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: