Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Season Ticket Perks

I was reading an article about the Dolphins today and it mentioned a call they just had that was only for season ticket holders to discuss the upcoming season with some of the coaches and administration.  I believe this would be a good idea for FAU to do this as well.  Being a season ticket holder needs to come with some additional perks so it adds value and hopefully it eventually creates more demand.

The call is one idea, the other was how about merchandise available for purchase only offered to season tickets holders?

Any additional ideas or feedback would be great.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Season Ticket Perks

Before they create perks for season ticketholders…they need to address maintaining the value of what they are selling.  My tickets are in the Hyundai Deck…last year as the season fell apart, they started to sell some single games cheaper than my donation and ticket.  Additionally, they need to figure out how to make the "HD" exclusive.  Way too easy to get in that section with a "cheap" ticket.  They are asking us to make a pretty considerable financial investment and when you have half the student section or people from general seating so easily sneaking in…it makes us who pay feel like chumps.
Back to the top

Wristbands for HD Deck solves the squatter issue.

I remember taking my tour and them saying that Priority level would get a Silver wristband, and Premier would get a Gold. Never did get implemented.  ???

No wristband, no entrance.

They also need to designate ONE elevator for HD Deck use. Right now they dont let us use any of them. My father in law is getting up there and I would like for him to use the Elevator.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Tim said

Before they create perks for season ticketholders…they need to address maintaining the value of what they are selling.  My tickets are in the Hyundai Deck…last year as the season fell apart, they started to sell some single games cheaper than my donation and ticket.  Additionally, they need to figure out how to make the "HD" exclusive.  Way too easy to get in that section with a "cheap" ticket.  They are asking us to make a pretty considerable financial investment and when you have half the student section or people from general seating so easily sneaking in…it makes us who pay feel like chumps.

I am also in the priority section but to be honest I was just happy to see people enjoying themselves at the games and figured the squatter issue would get resolved one it really became necesary.  They were at the bar not in my seats, but I do agree at some point it does need to be addressed.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Wristbands for HD Deck solves the squatter issue.

I remember taking my tour and them saying that Priority level would get a Silver wristband, and Premier would get a Gold. Never did get implemented.  ???

No wristband, no entrance.

They also need to designate ONE elevator for HD Deck use. Right now they dont let us use any of them. My father in law is getting up there and I would like for him to use the Elevator.

How do they handle handicapped access there now? Should be available for those needing it for medical reasons as well.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I was reading an article about the Dolphins today and it mentioned a call they just had that was only for season ticket holders to discuss the upcoming season with some of the coaches and administration.  I believe this would be a good idea for FAU to do this as well.  Being a season ticket holder needs to come with some additional perks so it adds value and hopefully it eventually creates more demand.

The call is one idea, the other was how about merchandise available for purchase only offered to season tickets holders?

How about an annual pre-season dinner at the stadium for season ticket holders only to meet the team and coaches! Till value is shown on the field, they do need to increase the value of just being a season ticket holder of any level. Dinner with a cash bar to help offset the dinner expenses would be cool with me and I think anyone else. Once the team is established as a popular winning team, keep the annual dinner program to help justify increased season ticket costs that will come with increased demand!
Back to the top

Season Ticket Perks

+1 GeorgiaOwl. I would be willing to go to the dinners.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Tim said

I am also in the priority section but to be honest I was just happy to see people enjoying themselves at the games and figured the squatter issue would get resolved one it really became necessary.  They were at the bar not in my seats, but I do agree at some point it does need to be addressed.

I understand what you are saying…but you are in the minority on your opinion.  Whether the squatters sat in your seats or not (they would sit in mine) is not the issue.  The issue is FAU is asking me and you and everyone else who committed to mutli-years are paying a lot of money for those seats.  You can't devalue those seats and let squatters in.  You have to make it some place wants to pay to be in.  If you can buy a $30 dollar ticket and sneak in or pay $90 for a single game ticket what are you going to do?  It's the same scenario of alumni using their old student ID's to get into basketball for free.  Why would you pay if you don't have to?

The stadium needs to be paid for and if you haven't noticed the athletic department does not have a lot of money!  You can't afford to let people sneak in.
Back to the top

Tim said

dusky256fc said

Tim said

I am also in the priority section but to be honest I was just happy to see people enjoying themselves at the games and figured the squatter issue would get resolved one it really became necessary.  They were at the bar not in my seats, but I do agree at some point it does need to be addressed.

I understand what you are saying…but you are in the minority on your opinion.  Whether the squatters sat in your seats or not (they would sit in mine) is not the issue.  The issue is FAU is asking me and you and everyone else who committed to mutli-years are paying a lot of money for those seats.  You can't devalue those seats and let squatters in.  You have to make it some place wants to pay to be in.  If you can buy a $30 dollar ticket and sneak in or pay $90 for a single game ticket what are you going to do?  It's the same scenario of alumni using their old student ID's to get into basketball for free.  Why would you pay if you don't have to?

The stadium needs to be paid for and if you haven't noticed the athletic department does not have a lot of money!  You can't afford to let people sneak in.

I disagree and I know quite a few others who agree with me so I believe your assessment is wrong but you have a right to your opinion.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

dusky256fc said

How about an annual pre-season dinner at the stadium for season ticket holders only to meet the team and coaches! Till value is shown on the field, they do need to increase the value of just being a season ticket holder of any level. Dinner with a cash bar to help offset the dinner expenses would be cool with me and I think anyone else. Once the team is established as a popular winning team, keep the annual dinner program to help justify increased season ticket costs that will come with increased demand!

I like this idea as well, I don't mind paying for some of the perks but they should be for season ticket holders only.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: