Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Troy AD resigns

Link to story here;

Troy University - Troy University Director of Athletics Steve Dennis Announces Resignation

Interesting timing (putting it nicely), wonder what is up or going on up there in Bama land.
Back to the top

Re: Troy AD resigns

BMarkey should have some input on this one.......
Back to the top

Many on the Troy board seem to believe the Troy AD did not produce as much revenue as hoped, but that most of all, he wants to see his son play football on Saturdays at Georgia Tech.

Everyone says great things about his approachability, attitude, friendliness, etc.

I wonder whether he was under any criticism for apparently doing nothing to position Troy for the conference alignment shake-up. Troy seemed to sit back and let it all happen around it (not that moving to CUSA would have been much if any of an upward move). And I wonder if the slow pace of fund-raising for the end zone building and stadium enclosure hurt any.

At first glance, it appears to be a situation not unlike what FAU just went through.
Back to the top

Thanks for the update BMarkey! Just sems like a bad time to resign "or whatever" to me. And CUSA is NEVER gonna go for Troy, AL. To me S. bama has a better shot being at leat IN the Mobile market. I don't get why they took La. Tech personally. Really. RUSTON, Louisiana? They alsready had Tulane in NO.
Back to the top

He's actually the brother-in-law of one of my customers, I'll have to do some snooping. Don't hold this against me but I actually gave him some falcons tickets last year (via my customer of course).
Back to the top

I don't find CUSA appealing in its current state. As for Troy, great facilities (already available or under way) and winning will make Troy a good candidate for any upward move, as long as Troy markets itself. Troy shares the Dothan and Montgomery markets, which places it at least equal to some programs currently in larger and more prestigious conferences.

Conferences should learn (such as CUSA taking FIU and the Sun Belt taking Georgia State) that just because your university is in a major city does not mean you have that city's full support, can pack your stadium, or draw large numbers of TV viewers. There are times when Troy has as many or more people in its stadium than live in the Pike County, Ala. area.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Don't hold this against me but I actually gave him some falcons tickets last year (via my customer of course).

I don't think there is any animosity on this board against Troy other than there constantly kicking our butts.  We have had a few solid wins against them to even the score somewhat but all in all I don't have any issue with them.  Not like the kitties down south.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

A few solid wins? Maybe in basketball and baseball. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure our win vs. them in 07 was our 1 and only in football

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

A few solid wins? Maybe in basketball and baseball. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure our win vs. them in 07 was our 1 and only in football

I was referring to all sports but that win on 07' was a big win.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Troy AD resigns

BMarkey said

As for Troy, great facilities (already available or under way) and winning will make Troy a good candidate for any upward move, as long as Troy markets itself.

The new basketball facility is particularly impressive.
Back to the top
Control functions: