Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Projected Starters On Offense and Defense

We have been through two days of training camp, and while we have not learned much about the depth chart, I thought it would be cool for everyone to list who they think will be our 11 starters on O and D.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Re: Projected Starters On Offense and Defense

Projected Starters On Offense and Defense

All the guys are not here yet, so may be a bit premature…but showing up late isn't going to land you a spot necessarily either…
Back to the top

Rick said

All the guys are not here yet, so may be a bit premature…but showing up late isn't going to land you a spot necessarily either…

Who is yet to show?

And I just thought it would be cool to see who everyone thinks is the favorite going into camp.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Absolutely!

Didn't mean it that way :)
Back to the top

Offense
QB: Melvin German
RB: Martese Jackson
WR: William Dukes, Hakeeme Ishmar, Paul more in the slot
TE: Dorvilus, Deleon
O-line: Czuprynski, Hansen, Deandre williams, Joe bailey, Jordan Sessa

Defense
DE: Robinson Eugene, Cory Henry
DT: Matt Chaney, Jimmy Jean
LB: Andre Kirk, David Hinds, Randell Johnson
CB: Reaser, Demetrius Williamson
Safety: Mcknight, Cre'von Leblanc
Back to the top

Strange to not see a Full Back. I know the spread doesnt use it but Im always used to seeing us have a stud FB.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Here is mine:

Offense

QB: Melvin German

RB: Martese Jackson / Wallace will split most of the carries, but Jones / Fortner will get some scraps and see some time at wideout. This will keep all of them fresh.

WR: William Dukes, Glinton, Daniel McKinney in the slot. Gilchrist / Ishmar as goal line wideouts or redzone threats.

TE: Mitchell starting, but Deleon/Dorvilus as solid "second stringers" as I see them getting some time both blocking and receiving.

O-line: Marsaille, Stern Vile, Deandre williams, Ricardo Henry, Jordan Sessa/Mustafa Johnson (to be honest, neither are exactly "dominant")

Defense

DE: Brandin Bryant, Cory Henry

DT: Niblack (the guy is huge and can be a real plug in there, think: Haloti Ngata of the Ravens), Jimmy Jean. Of note: Isaac Edwards could see time.

LB: Andre Kirk, David Hinds, Randell Johnson

CB: Reaser, Demetrius Williamson

Safety: Mcknight, Cre'von Leblanc

Nickelback: DJ Smith

The D-line will be a rotation of 8 players, so there really will be no true "starter". The same goes for RB, we will use many to ensure fresh legs and cutdown on injuries.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

2 things about your list is, I know guys on the team who have said that A) Terrell mitchell had been injured most of summer workouts(always seems injured) and is not a dependable guy do to health. B) Don't count on seeing Isaac Edwards being a starter either, they said he has the size but needs more time to be productive and wont be an immediate impact guy. He played at jesuit which is 3A so he is used to going up against an undersized O line and needs to polish his fundamentals a little.
Back to the top

LB corp is the best unit on this team, IMHO

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Martese Jackson is superfast at RB. Did he play in the Spring game? I just remember hearing about how good Wallace was.
Back to the top
Control functions: