Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NFL Hall of Fame Game

Add topic

Rob Housler's Cardinals taking on the Saints. Saints dominated 1st half (Cards D bad?) but Rob did get a 32 yard reception! Nice!
Back to the top

Re: NFL Hall of Fame Game

Good for him. Hopefully they keep him around.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I think he's battling for a starting spot this year, not fighting to stay on the practice squad
Back to the top

NFL Hall of Fame Game

Rob ended up with three catches for 51 yards - both second on the team for the game but tops among TE's. Too bad he barely played the 4th qtr. when  they threw the ball almost every play (4th qb in the game threw 21 times!).

And here is a VERY interesting article regarding Robs playing time situation in Arizona;

Cardinals TE Heap take $1 million pay cut - Yahoo! Sports

The pay cut "might" keep on the roster a year longer but Heaps value as an NFL TE is dropping like a stone! Thake the starting spot away Rob - DO IT!
Back to the top

If he unseats him, he would be the first true #1 in FAU history….Rusty got the first start, but because of injuries…I would love to hear the Monday Night Football starting line up …Rob Housler…Florida Atlantic University Owls…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Heap, though a very good NFL TE for a number of years, is damaged goods nowadays, the guy is constantly hurt, I can't imagine he's still the starter at the end of this season. Rob's chance is now.
Back to the top

To me the Cardinals are already saying he is no longer the starter by having him agree to such a pay cut. His old salary for a starter is not bad but too much for the bench! With Fitzgerald and Floyd as WR's, the TE could easily catch 70 to 80 balls this year, compare the AZ situation to the falcons with Roddy White and Julio Jones at WR and an old Tony Gonzalez at TE. The big question out in AZ is STILL QB, and with the injury to Kolb last night that does not get any better!

Go get 'em Rob!
Back to the top

Mayock was giving him a lot of love last night. It seemed Rob was open on every pass play however the QB's couldn't get him the ball.
Back to the top

Rob got a lot of love last night. Go Rob!
Back to the top

cbboarder said

…was open on every pass play however the QB's couldn't get him the ball.

Where have I heard that before??

Back to the top
Control functions: