Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I feel like I might be making a mistake...

Why do I feel like my expectations are too high for a team that won a game last year. Its hard to suppress my excitement. New QB (at least I think so), new talented receivers, new offensive style, new coaches….I'm feeling my own buzz when my brother and I talk about the upcoming season….I hope I'm not walking into a letdown by expecting too much from this year…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: I feel like I might be making a mistake...

At least you can get excited about the new FB uniforms! Confirmed this morning. Can't wait to see them.
Back to the top

Under promise an over deliver yourself.

Think 2-4 wins, and if you beat that you are a happy man.  :D

Owl2Doc,

Where are new Uni's confirmed? I must of missed that. Any pictures or concepts?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I feel like I might be making a mistake...

It is ok to feel that way  ;).
Everything you mentioned above are big improvements in this team and I also believe a .500 season is very reachable.
Back to the top

NîGHT said

It is ok to feel that way  ;).
Everything you mentioned above are big improvements in this team and I also believe a .500 season is very reachable.

Agreed. + 1

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

No pictures (yet) - apparently Athletics wants to keep it a secret for as long as possible. Gives you another reason to check out the Owl Walk this year.

That's said, it's highly unlikely it will look like this  8)
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

Why do I feel like my expectations are too high for a team that won a game last year. Its hard to suppress my excitement. New QB (at least I think so), new talented receivers, new offensive style, new coaches….I'm feeling my own buzz when my brother and I talk about the upcoming season….I hope I'm not walking into a letdown by expecting too much from this year…

I was thinking the same thing this weekend when I was talking football with a friend this weekend.
Back to the top

I think 3 to 5 wins very possible, 6 or 7 too. Just keep your expectations reasonable to not be disappointed. But I do think we are shock more than a few teams this year!
Back to the top

Oh don't worry, my homerism is at an all time high…I think it was because of Arkansas St last season actually, they proved you can go from eh, to a 10 game winner in a season. By that logic, I am thinking 10 wins, so rest easy you're not as a crazy as I am.

Seriously though, we've improved, and I think we were lacking a QB and some passion last season, two things we may have figured out now. Remember Auburn and ULL last year, and how good this team showed it "could" be if it got it together. I think with the right encouragement we'll be pleasantly surprised.

5 wins is my mark this year, we meet or beat that then great. If not, then I'm bummed.
Back to the top

I am glad I am not the only believing the hype.  I truly believe this team can win 6 games this season.  The following are definitely possibly wins;

Wagner - Better win
MTSU - Good game to see how the year is going to go
ULM
USA - Another better win
Troy
WKY - I still am not buying the hype
FIU - Screw the kitties
ULL

That is 2 solids and 6 definitely possible = 6+ wins

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: