Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Women's Soccer to Host Watch Party for USA vs Japan Gold Medal match

Add topic

The FAU women’s soccer team invites local soccer fans to help cheer on the United States Thursday, August 9, as it plays Japan in the gold medal match of the 2012 London Olympics. A special watch party is planned, starting at 2:45 p.m., at Duffy’s Sports Grill, 401 North Federal Highway in Deerfield Beach.

The party will also give local fans an opportunity to meet FAU’s 2012 team and coaches, including Lauren Berlingo and Natalia Hernandez (Wellington), Amunique Scott (Fort Lauderdale), Gabriella Sosa (Pembroke Pines), Haleigh Stremanos (Plantation) and Manon Transleau (Delray Beach).

The women’s soccer program has a unique connection to this summer’s tournament as 26 Olympians, and the entire U.S. team, played at the FAU Soccer Stadium last year when FAU hosted matches for the magicJack team of the Women’s Professional Soccer League.

Back to the top

Re: FAU Women's Soccer to Host Watch Party for USA vs Japan Gold Medal match

Cool event. Great idea.
Back to the top

FAU Women's Soccer to Host Watch Party for USA vs Japan Gold Medal match

Too bad they are not showing the Gold Medal game in the Stadium on the jumbo board and inviting all of S. Florida to watch in our home! Free admission nut sell refreshments, sell FAU and USA stuff and have fun!
Back to the top

Pretty costly proposition, but great idea!

Back to the top

US wins!

Nice crowd on hand as well…got an e-mail from SID Dale Long who said 50-75 attended. Not bad for a middle of the day affair during the week!

Story at FAU Sports.com

Back to the top

I was watching the game on my phone. I mean I was busy doing work haha

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: