Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CFN Sun Belt Preview....

CFN Sun Belt Preview....

Scout.com: 2012 CFN Sun Belt Preview

Team That'll Surprise
Florida Atlantic – It's all relative. The record will be awful - good luck getting more than three wins - but the team will be far, far more competitive. No, a coaching change won’t mean a worst-to-first turnaround in any way, but the Owls should be stronger on both sides of the ball. It won’t hurt to have the new energy of Carl Pelini and the young coaches ready to pump up the energy a bit. The problem, as always with FAU, is the schedule with seven road games and just two dates before late October in the nice, shiny new building. The worst offense in college football can’t and won’t be worse, while Pelini will do big things with a good linebacking corps and a defense that should be among the best in the Sun Belt.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: CFN Sun Belt Preview....

FAU will be capable of winning more than 5 games.
Back to the top

NîTE said

FAU will be capable of winning more than 5 games.

My feeling is 5-7 is the worst we do in '12.  Could be a lot better….

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Again, depends on how well we do without Morris, and who's the QB. I can see this team going 0-12. I can also see this team going 10-2. Shoot, I can see this team even pulling an upset, or two  ;)
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

Again, depends on how well we do without Morris, and who's the QB. I can see this team going 0-12. I can also see this team going 10-2. Shoot, I can see this team even pulling an upset, or two  ;)

We'll have a better gauge of that on Saturday!
Back to the top

Is that when Fan Fest is? I've been out of the loop since I've been packing to move into IVA tomorrow
Back to the top

These prognosticators kill me. last year showed that moving up (or down) in the ranks of the ZBelt is not that hard and can be done VERY quickly.
Who on our Belt schedule is an unbeatable team? Nobody. And we don't even play Arky St.!
All the top teams lost talent on either side of the ball but mostly (other than FIU) they lost a ton on the D side (FIU lost their star and QB and the O could not score this past week in their scrimmage!).
I don't know how we will do either, but I will bet on over 3 games! Personally, I think 5 to 7 wins is very doable! Go Owls!
Back to the top

You can be the QB of this team and we still wouldn't go 0-12. This team is MUCH improved and Pelini will definitely change things up if they aren't working. Last few years Howard stuck to his guns no matter what. I'm looking forward to no more 3rd and 14 runs up the middle for (as the PA announcer says) at least 1 yard lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Last few years Howard stuck to his guns no matter what. I'm looking forward to no more 3rd and 14 runs up the middle for (as the PA announcer says) at least 1 yard lol

Yeah. It got to the point where I dreaded our offense getting on the field as much as I dreaded their offense getting on the field.
Back to the top

From the outside looking in 3 seems like a reasonable number, obviously we have not studied the other belt teams as much as we have our own owls so who knows. We will be more competitive for sure though
Back to the top
Control functions: