Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Class of 2016

Add topic

It has been interesting the last couple of years with record applications of freshmen. Does anyone have any news about the class coming in this fall? The number of applications received, how large the class will be and any other information.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: Class of 2016

After looking at the agendas from the past couple Board of Trustees meetings, I couldn't find anything on freshmen applicants. But I will say that this year will top last year's amount. Same goes to the next year after this one with the new dorms going up.
Back to the top

I haven't seen anything in the press or on FAU's website, so either it's a story they're not interested in or we haven't reached a new record for applications, which is really what those stories are about.

I can tell you that the total number of freshmen applications for 2011-2012 was 28,197 (9,805 admitted, or 35%) and total applications for all students in all programs for all semesters was 44,521 (admitted 17,735, or 40%).

So those are the numbers to beat.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I haven't seen anything in the press or on FAU's website, so either it's a story they're not interested in or we haven't reached a new record for applications, which is really what those stories are about.

I can tell you that the total number of freshmen applications for 2011-2012 was 28,197 (9,805 admitted, or 35%) and total applications for all students in all programs for all semesters was 44,521 (admitted 17,735, or 40%).

So those are the numbers to beat.

Wow!  Is that really correct?  A 35% acceptance rate would make us one of the toughest schools in the Southeast to get into.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Wow!  Is that really correct?  A 35% acceptance rate would make us one of the toughest schools in the Southeast to get into.

Yep. See for yourself.
Back to the top

interesting that JC transfer are on 5 year lows. that doesn't make too much sense to me.

Those figures look great for the freshman class.
Back to the top

The lack of JC's is a good thing it means less kids are leaving FAU so we has less spot to fill for JR and SR
Back to the top

Class of 2016

Any news on the size of this class? Are we going over 30k? Any other news?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

We won't know final numbers until a couple weeks into the semester. Our middle 50% profile went up a bit from last year. The new requirements are up here:FAU - Freshman Requirements. Last year was 3.2 - 3.8, 1530 -1720, 22-26.

MJ wants our Freshman classes to be 4,000+ until we get to 36,000 total or whatever # she wants. Also, we made the list of top 200 most selective schools in the country (don't know where the link is) along with UCF, USF, FIU, FSU and UF.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

We won't know final numbers until a couple weeks into the semester. Our middle 50% profile went up a bit from last year. The new requirements are up here:FAU - Freshman Requirements. Last year was 3.2 - 3.8, 1530 -1720, 22-26.

I'll just re-post the numbers here for convenience:

The fall 2012 freshman profile for the mid- 50% was as follows:
High School GPA: 3.35 - 3.95
ACT composite: 23 -  27
SAT total: 1560 - 1770

FAUfasho said

MJ wants our Freshman classes to be 4,000+ until we get to 36,000 total or whatever # she wants.

When we hit 40,000, that's when we're a "large" or "big time" school. That should be the goal. Could likely take another 5 years to get there though.
Back to the top
Control functions: