Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NCAA has a massive MESS on their hands

Add topic

How they managed to investigate UNC for over a year and missed this is beyond me.  Emmert has some decisions to make and they are going to be quite difficult.

Academic fraud is at the heart of the problems here and this is what the NCAA is supposed to protect.  Let's see what happens here.

Some good links for you to get started with.

Start here with some very good investigation: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=9224321&p=1

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19786587/unc-posts-possible-julius-peppers-transcript-on-web-features-independent-study-classes

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/08/10/2262045/unc-reluctant-to-dig-deeper-on.html

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-08-13/north-carolina-academic-scandal-mark-emmert-ncaa-penn-state
Back to the top

Re: NCAA has a massive MESS on their hands

And the ACC must be proud of several of it's most prominent member programs (UNC/UM). When will the disgrace end! NCAA may have to tear up the old rulebook and start with a new, simpler yet much harsher book if they really mean to stand behind academics and ethics! Heck, they have had to alter the Bowl Eligibility standards already in fear of not having enough teams to fill the slots.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

And the ACC must be proud of several of it's most prominent member programs (UNC/UM). When will the disgrace end! NCAA may have to tear up the old rulebook and start with a new, simpler yet much harsher book if they really mean to stand behind academics and ethics! Heck, they have had to alter the Bowl Eligibility standards already in fear of not having enough teams to fill the slots.

You think these scandals are on the same level?  Charles Robinson said the Miami story was a 10.  Then PSU blows up and UNC, again.
Back to the top

"Members of the message board community PackPride.com discovered remarkable similarities between Peppers' academic career and the fake academic career of "Test One Jones.""

Ah, so journalists can credit a message board for discoveries. Good to know ;D
Back to the top

No, but the depths that theses programs are going to in cheating and lying and covering up in the name of the football Gods and the $$$ that bestows on them is heading to a breaking point. The programs and the Coaches make too much $$$ for their own good, way beyond reasonable, and the $$$ is corrupting it faster and faster as the ante just keeps geting raised and the $$$ pot grows larger.

The NCAA or somebody had better reign it in and control it before it controls the U's (if it does not already). I thi k they will get a handle on it, but like Penn St., the price will be very heavy to those caught cheating at present as the onnly way to stop it may be to make SERIOUS EXAMPLES of the offenders. And I do beleive the Coachs and AD's should have their jobs on the line (even their careers for repeat offenders) as THEY are the one's SUPPOSEDLY in charge of and really overseeing the problems. A blind eye won't cut it in the future either.
Back to the top

^^^^

I agree with everything you're saying.  The problem is that the NCAA is being run by the SEC.  Look at what Auburn got away with!  The Newton family admitted to getting paid and they banned the FATHER!  South Carolina, slap on the wrist. Tennessee, slap on the wrist.

The media has hyped up the SEC so much everyone buys into it, the NCAA furthers the agenda and the SEC gets what they want, MORE MONEY!  The SEC has the art of paying players, coaches, families etc. down to a science.  Alabama built an entire facility for a HS where they practiced at a few years back.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

"Members of the message board community PackPride.com discovered remarkable similarities between Peppers' academic career and the fake academic career of "Test One Jones.""

Ah, so journalists can credit a message board for discoveries. Good to know ;D

A particular song comes to mind…by a guy named Bob Dylan.

Sing with me now:

"The times, they are a changin'…"
Back to the top

NCAA has a massive MESS on their hands

SigEp77 said

^^^^

I agree with everything you're saying.  The problem is that the NCAA is being run by the SEC.  Look at what Auburn got away with!  The Newton family admitted to getting paid and they banned the FATHER!  South Carolina, slap on the wrist. Tennessee, slap on the wrist.

The media has hyped up the SEC so much everyone buys into it, the NCAA furthers the agenda and the SEC gets what they want, MORE MONEY!  The SEC has the art of paying players, coaches, families etc. down to a science.  Alabama built an entire facility for a HS where they practiced at a few years back.

Big 10 Ohio State had evidence that the coach knew his players were ineligible and they only got a mild wrist slap, plus the ncaa let them play in a BCS bowl!
Back to the top

Very true. But thanks to JoPa and Penn St. those days may be ending. We shall see soon how the NCAA handles the NC and UM scandals! it may signal harher penalties in the future or...or of the same. And then they will wonder why so many cheat! I personally hope the put the hammer down and take control of Collegiate Athletices back from the networks, coaches and agents!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Very true. But thanks to JoPa and Penn St. those days may be ending. We shall see soon how the NCAA handles the NC and UM scandals! it may signal harher penalties in the future or…or of the same. And then they will wonder why so many cheat! I personally hope the put the hammer down and take control of Collegiate Athletices back from the networks, coaches and agents!

What did they do?
Why has the story been amended several times?
WHO has corroborated anything that a CONVICTED FELON has alleged?
Why has the media kept the smoking gun SEC connection of the recent allegations quiet?
WHY did Aubrey Hill suddenly resign, four weeks before the start of the season?

I think the UM haters are going to be disappointed when the NOA and final punishment does come down.
Back to the top
Control functions: