Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Student Housing project - "The Grove"

Add topic

In "Preliminary Application" stage on 4/10/2012

It would be located at  2600 NW 5th Ave, Boca Raton, FL 33431

meaning, just south of Windwood (if you know where that is)… basically east of IVA and north of Addison Park on 5th. There's a big vacant piece of land there with overgrown grass and torn up cement with graffiti… that's where it would be.

That's all I know right now. Trying to dig up more info.
Back to the top

Re: New Student Housing project - "The Grove"

New Student Housing project - "The Grove"

Owl2Doc said

In "Preliminary Application" stage on 4/10/2012

It would be located at  2600 NW 5th Ave, Boca Raton, FL 33431

meaning, just south of Windwood (if you know where that is)… basically east of IVA and north of Addison Park on 5th. There's a big vacant piece of land there with overgrown grass and torn up cement with graffiti… that's where it would be.

That's all I know right now. Trying to dig up more info.

You are like the FAU project maven! lol. You're to FAU projects what Rivals and 24/7 are to recruiting lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

You are like the FAU project maven! lol. You're to FAU projects what Rivals and 24/7 are to recruiting lol

Thanks ;D everybody's gotta have a hobby. It's exciting to think about where the university could be going.

Still, I probably shouldn't care. As an alumnus, the only things that should matter to me are the Burrow, the stadium and the Alumni Center… and I currently don't care about the last one (although I see its importance to others).

Back to the top

No it's pretty cool. I think it's fun to see all the stuff they have planned for the future. It's exciting to think about what this place can look like by the end of this decade.

I enjoy reading all the things you find. Keep up the good work, as long as you enjoy it and it's fun then that's all that matters. I'm sure everyone on this forum is very appreciative of the stuff you're able to find and pass along to us

Back to the top

Jab979 said

No it's pretty cool. I think it's fun to see all the stuff they have planned for the future. It's exciting to think about what this place can look like by the end of this decade.

I enjoy reading all the things you find. Keep up the good work, as long as you enjoy it and it's fun then that's all that matters. I'm sure everyone on this forum is very appreciative of the stuff you're able to find and pass along to us

No problem - glad to know someone's reading them.

I'll continue to do it probably for the next year, after which point I'll be swamped with the "seeing patients/made to feel like an idiot by attending/reading so I don't look like an idiot tomorrow/sleeping" cycle of medical education and disappear from this forum.
Back to the top

Thanks for posting the info! Any idea of the size of the project?
Back to the top

Owl2doc keep it up, your a great source of FAU info.  I can't believe how much the school has grown over the years, and how fast it continues to expand.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

Owl2doc keep it up, your a great source of FAU info.  I can't believe how much the school has grown over the years, and how fast it continues to expand.

+ 1. Completely agree

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

See my attachment below here. That's the best I can tell you - don't know the square footage, how many student beds, what amenities, etc.

Notice that NW 28th Street on campus is near the Grove entrance (and Windwood, the neighborhood with a lot of students just to the right of where the Grove would go) and if the petitioner is smart, they'd try to build a connector road to feed right onto campus. Not that 20th Street is far away but still.

I'll post more when I know more. The City Council hasn't been meeting lately, and these plans take time; University Park was approved and they wanted to open for Fall 2013… yet I don't see any construction happening over there yet.

The new Booksmart on 20th Street is done though. Just needs to be stocked. That should be open in the next couple weeks.

Attachment
290 views (96 Kb)
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

See my attachment below here. That's the best I can tell you - don't know the square footage, how many student beds, what amenities, etc.

Notice that NW 28th Street on campus is near the Grove entrance (and Windwood, the neighborhood with a lot of students just to the right of where the Grove would go) and if the petitioner is smart, they'd try to build a connector road to feed right onto campus. Not that 20th Street is far away but still.

I'll post more when I know more. The City Council hasn't been meeting lately, and these plans take time; University Park was approved and they wanted to open for Fall 2013… yet I don't see any construction happening over there yet.

The new Booksmart on 20th Street is done though. Just needs to be stocked. That should be open in the next couple weeks.

The new Booksmart isn't open when everyone is buying books…?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: