Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: Chun Says FAU has a Plan to Fill Stadium

Courtesy of WPBF Channel 25:

Back to the top

Re: VIDEO: Chun Says FAU has a Plan to Fill Stadium

Good video. Obviously he's not going to release his plans, especially if he's still working on it. I guess time will tell

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

VIDEO: Chun Says FAU has a Plan to Fill Stadium

Top of list;

GET GERMAN IN A ACADEMIC PROGRAM! THAT WILL HELP FILL SEATS!
Back to the top

The statement I found interesting was, "I'm not one to look back at what we did or didn't do in the past."

???

I hope he means, what others did and criticize them, and not measuring KPI's.
Back to the top

Winning will help, and also promoting will also help. If Melissa Dawson is behind this surge in advertising and AD Chun works with the right people, we will see our athletic department become very successful.
Back to the top

The past is the past and as they say, learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them. If there are any still in the U or Ath. Dept. who can't do this then lose them and hire people you can train in the proper positive way. A lot like Coach P's mission with the football team!
Back to the top

I don't think it's that he's "holding back." You can read his body language, his facial expression, when she asks. It said, "I'm not sure yet." It's understandable. He's been on the job a week. He likely doesn't have a specific plan yet, just a rough idea that they're going to reach out to all sorts of people.

We've been "on the job" for years trying to figure out how FAU can fill the stadium and can't come to a consensus. It's going to take some trial and error and there's not a lot of time left to do it. I know he's getting oriented and meeting people but as soon as that can be finished, his #1 priority needs to be drumming up interest in FAU football.

Obviously he can't make the product on the field better, which is key to selling the most tickets. The best he can do is try to repair all the bridges that Angelos burned and sell groups on the novelty of this.

This "support the hometown team" angle doesn't work and needs to be dropped. Think about it. Lynn is also the "hometown university" (private or not, Division II or not, they're still in Boca Raton/Palm Beach County) and when's the last time you went to a Lynn sporting event to "support the home team?"

Never.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

…when's the last time you went to a Lynn sporting event to "support the home team?"

Although, did head over there to catch the Owls beat 'em!

;D
Back to the top

Was also there for an FAU BBall game when the republican convention was on campus

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

does anyone think AD Chun will be at Fan Fest Saturday? Maybe showing the stadium off to potential donors and corporations, we hope?
Back to the top
Control functions: