Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jared Allen 'all in' on Pelini's Plan for Revival

Via Dieter @ The Sentinel…

Allen was convinced that his priorities and Pelini's aligned, and his preparation told him that Pelini would value the show of loyalty.

"I wanted to be as prepared as possible," Allen said. "I knew first priority was I wanted to be on this staff. … Coach Pelini has a vision, and I bought into that vision," Allen said. "He's coming in and trying to change the culture of the last couple years. It's nobody's fault there, it's just different."

Former Owls QB Jared Allen 'all in' on Carl Pelini's plan for FAU revival
Back to the top

Re: Jared Allen 'all in' on Pelini's Plan for Revival

I saw that this morning, great read! And I too am glad he is still part of this team... Always an Owl!!!
Back to the top

"When he showed up in that first interview, he was prepared to give me all the information he could to help me be successful recruiting his three-county area here, whether he was on staff or not. That was a very selfless act."

Just shows the type of person he is. I've met him a few times and always makes the time to talk about FAU and answer any questions. Truly one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I'm glad that he represents the university

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jared Allen 'all in' on Pelini's Plan for Revival

Jab979 said

Just shows the type of person he is. I've met him a few times and always makes the time to talk about FAU and answer any questions. Truly one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I'm glad that he represents the university

+1
Back to the top

"It's been more than a decade since Allen won the starting quarterback job for FAU's first-ever game in 2001"

Those of us who were at that first game against Slippery Rock…know this is not true… ;)

But agree, Jared Allen is a great person, and great for the program.  Very happy that Coach Pelini kept him.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

hey guys, thanks for the nice comments.

Regarding the Slippery Rock game, Allen didn't win the coin flip to start, but after the game Schnelly named him the starter. I didn't have the space for print to explain the fabulously amateur selection process, but the copy I submitted to editors read "It's been over a decade since Allen first won the starting quarterback job IN FAU's first-ever game in September 2001."

Sometimes editors misinterpret or presume a mistake. That said, I can't rally against them, they save my ass far more often than I catch an error like that.

But I sure am glad someone else noticed!

Dieter
Back to the top

Garret Jahn will live in infamy even if Big Deets wants to take away his glory!  :D
Back to the top
Control functions: