Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lestar Jean

Add topic

How about a seperate thread for Lestar Jean who just caught a TD pass from Matt Schaub. 3 catches for 3 yards capped with a 9 yd. TD in the drive just before halftime! Way to man up Lestar!
Back to the top

Re: Lestar Jean

Have to sit through a 15 second commercial, prior, but here is a:

Vid of the TD Catch
Back to the top

Nice article on him in todays Houston Chronicle!

Ultimate Texans » With TD, Jean states his case for Texans’ No. 3 receiver job

Scroll though the games pics - two nice pics of him!
Back to the top

Lestar Jean

Rick said

Have to sit through a 15 second commercial, prior, but here is a:

Vid of the TD Catch

Nice video of Lestar's 1st TD catch!
Back to the top

ESPN Super Duper Fantasy Sleepers 2012

Lestar Jean, WR, Houston Texans:
First of all, it's pronounced "luh-STAR JEEN." Next of all, if you think you've seen this movie before, it's because you have. A big, rangy, athletic dude taking the preseason by storm and allowing Texans fans to dream of an all-freak starting receiver corps? Certainly that was the story behind Jacoby Jones these past few seasons. And now here comes Jean, another undrafted and raw athlete seeking to replace Kevin Walter opposite Andre Johnson. Your instincts are probably telling you to stay away, and I get that. Heck, rookie Keshawn Martin probably has a legit claim to more Week 1 playing time than Jean, as a third-down option. But it's tough to ignore Jean's upside.

He's 6-3 and 205 pounds, and while he's got nothing like AJ's deep speed, he's shown remarkable athleticism through two preseason games, as the Texans have been easing Johnson into action. I'm telling you, squint hard and you'd swear it was AJ out there. Should Johnson get injured yet again, I can't imagine the diminutive Martin playing out wide. It'd probably be Jean, and he'd be worth a look.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Texans vs Saints on CBS, Lestar 1 catch for 19 yds so far
Back to the top

Doing very well, rotating in with the 1's A LOT!
Back to the top

It's a great day to be an Owl!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Sorty on saiunts win over Texans and in picture gallery a GREAT pic of Lestars catch!

Ultimate Texans » Texans Gameday Central: No injuries a big plus

Here are the main quotes in the story though;

"Matt Schaub was four-of-four for 43 yards. Lestar Jean made a tremendous 19-yard catch and kept cornerback Patrick Robinson from wrestling the ball away. Robinson was so frustrated he was called for a personal foul."
"Martin’s fumbles may cost him a chance at the third receiver spot for the Miami opener. Lestar Jean may have that role secured because he hasn’t fumbled."

Way to go Lestar! Make those Owl Eyes when you score!
Back to the top

Quote from another article on the Texans (this on fantasy draft stuff) regarding Jean;

"Undrafted second-year wideout Lestar Jean has become a buzzy player following a strong offseason. He logged a few hours with Schaub over the summer in Houston, and he's caught seven balls for 111 yards and a score during the preseason. If you're in a deep league, Jean is in the late-round discussion."
Back to the top
Control functions: