Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shake Shack opening in University Commons

Add topic

Shake Shack opening across from FAU.

I didn't mention it in the "Imagination" thread for some reason but this was one of my favorite dreams for FAU (this and Mellow Mushroom). It's a "fast casual" burger place, and the shakes are a little expensive, but it's also really damn good - best cheese fries ever. Right now there's one in South Beach and now they're going to open in University Commons too! That explains the cranes over there. Even better:

"While the newest spot, directly across from FAU in Boca Raton, will feature all the favorite standbys, there will also be proprietary frozen custard concretes created specifically to pay homage to the local cuisine."

FAU Owl shakes? :D

"The new Shack, strategically located across from Florida Atlantic University's main campus, will offer the restaurant's famous burgers, along with flat-top grilled hot dogs, crinkle cut fries, concretes and shakes, beer, wine, and even treats for dogs. If prices remain on par with the two Miami locations, expect to pay just under $5 for a single Shack burger and around $5 for a shake. "

"This will be a true roadside Shack and include an expansive outdoor patio for alfresco dining."

So psyched about this.

Mid-2013. Not sure if it will have late hours. Right now they're open til 11 during the week and 12 on weekends.
Back to the top

Re: Holy sh!t

While the news is cool, the thread title leaves a bit to be desired…especially since this goes out to our Twitter followers.

Have thought about it for a while now, and we will be turning off the auto feed.

Anyone wishing to tweet their thread can use the manual button.
Back to the top

Re: Holy sh!t

Shake Shack opening in University Commons

Rick said

While the news is cool, the thread title leaves a bit to be desired…especially since this goes out to our Twitter followers.

Np, I'll change it. Got a little carried away.

Guess the damage is done. I'll keep that in mind in the future.
Back to the top

Re: Shake Shack opening in University Commons

Np, it's all good…most people are not aware that topics get tweeted, so turned off the feed…just click the "Tweet" button to post to your personal account, and we'll take care of the Nest.
Back to the top

I was one of the people that got the tweet to my phone and seeing the thread title a million things ran through my head…before I opened it I had concluded that it meant Duron Carter was granted eligibility! Bummed that it's not the case, but I like a good burger as much as the next guy so it's a good consolation prize
Back to the top

sweet.  We have one here on south beach that we frequent to.  They have excellent burgers that give 5-guys a run for their money.  Also their shakes are excellent along with their fries.  Now I have somewhere to eat when I visit my family in Boca.
Back to the top
Control functions: