Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Pelini to Name FAU Starting QB Thursday

Coach Pelini to Name FAU Starting QB Thursday

Full story

BOCA RATON — The day of reckoning will soon be upon us.

Carl Pelini said after practice Tuesday when he and his coaching staff will name a starting quarterback for the season-opening Wagner matchup. According to him, today (it might not be the same tomorrow) FAU's quarterback will be named Thursday when the Owls begin to prepare for Wagner.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Coach Pelini to Name FAU Starting QB Thursday

At least we know it won't be German…….Come on CURTIS!!!!!
Back to the top

More then likely it will be GW ....
Back to the top

Francois is right,  :(
Back to the top

It makes you think after what we saw last year, why Howard went all the way to California to bring Wilbert. He must have seen something in him. Now Pelini decided to keep him in the roster and most likely will give him the starting job. Are we missing something?
Back to the top

The said

Do we know that for sure at this point?  I haven't seen anything that says he is out.

Is the plan to see if a spot up opens up for him in Business and then he will be eligible or are they planning on redshirting him if he is not deemed eligible by Friday? 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

The said

Do we know that for sure at this point?  I haven't seen anything that says he is out.

Is the plan to see if a spot up opens up for him in Business and then he will be eligible or are they planning on redshirting him if he is not deemed eligible by Friday?

I suspect we will know about him and Carter by Friday…I know they are both getting reps just in case
Back to the top

Well I think we know he won't be the starter for sure. If he's accepted into the biz school then he'll get reps for sure.

They can always redshirt him and burn it if he becomes eligible in week 4 or something.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Well I think we know he won't be the starter for sure. If he's accepted into the biz school then he'll get reps for sure.

They can always redshirt him and burn it if he becomes eligible in week 4 or something.

That is what I am thinking the reality is, have him ready for the North Texas game when the conference play really starts.

Who knows maybe he isn't the savior everyone is hoping he is anyway, we'll see.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

NîTE said

It makes you think after what we saw last year, why Howard went all the way to California to bring Wilbert. He must have seen something in him. Now Pelini decided to keep him in the roster and most likely will give him the starting job. Are we missing something?

I hope so……. I hope so.  Never thought about that, but you have a good point, must be something we're missing.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: