Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Wagner getting ready for FAU

"We are not going there to get beat. We really want to compete down there and win that game," Linebacker C.O. Prime said."

Article here.

And here's Wagner's 2011 statistics.
Back to the top

Re: Wagner getting ready for FAU

for a program like wagner, that is pretty damn good stats. But I have a good feeling about our guys though.
Back to the top

Wagner getting ready for FAU

Last year's team might've lost to these guys.  This year's won't.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Maybe Wagner will bring some fans with them?

More than 24,000 Seats Left
Back to the top

Rick said

Maybe Wagner will bring some fans with them?

More than 24,000 Seats Left
I think this game will do okay, I'm hoping Chun gives away a ton of tickets, at least make it look good
Back to the top

There will probably be a couple thousand walk-ups but it's not going to bridge the gap.

We have to slowly build this fanbase back up. Considering the talent of some of these transfers, 2013 could be a breakout season for us again.
Back to the top

Add another 500 to 1,000 tickets sales next week, maybe 100-200 walk up and hopefully 3,500 to 4,500 students and I think its a respectable crowd considering everything.  Conservatively, lets say with students, 11,000 would be a good crowd.  Coming off 1-11, what do you want?  I think it's amazing they increased season ticket sales. any net gain was a major accomplishment in my mind after last season.

Things they could do to improve?  Scheduling….I am sorry I was incredibly disappointed to see Wagner scheduled.  I could only guess that was from the previous regime (coach and AD).  Also, a Friday game?  It's one thing if ESPNU wants to broadcast us on Friday, but for us to schedule a non-TV game for all intents and purposes is redicoulous.  I don't know if FAU knows this but high school football is kind of a big deal in South Florida.  To schedule against that is nuts.  I am sure there are some people who will be going to there high school games instead of FAU's.

What am I doing?  I am bringing a friend with my extra ticket and we bought two extra tickets for two other friends.  If you are going, bring some extra people with you as a great way to start college football and long holiday weekend.  See you guys there!
Back to the top

Say we beat Wagner but then lose the next 3 (MTSU, UGA, Bama) does anyone think we'll likely see another 5-7k show up? Or will it be closer to 10-12k even though we're 1-3 and facing UNT, it's still football and it's still on campus?

I know Chun has a plan in place or is at least working on 1. I feel confident that in due time we'll get the fans back and create some excitement around campus and around town. It may not be this season, but Rome wasn't built in a day either

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Call me silly, but I think the MTSU game will a be close...
Back to the top

Rick said

Call me silly, but I think the MTSU game will a be close…
Why wouldn't it be close? People on here think we can win 10 games, so I don't think saying the mtsu game will be close is all that crazy. ahahha

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: