Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Picked to Go Winless in SunBelt Play by Sports Illustrated

What impact will Gus Malzahn have on Arkansas State? Can Florida International emerge as the conference powerhouse? Will Florida Atlantic be able to win a game? Holly Anderson answers that and more in her Sun Belt preview.

I really wish, people would actually do some research before just spewing out that bull sh!t that comes out of their mouth's. We won't win a single Sun Belt game? really? Don't worry, her email address is on the page. Feel free to email her. I did

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Picked to Go Winless in SunBelt Play by Sports Illustrated

How is it we play 11 games, South Alabama plays 13 and EVERYONE ELSE plays 12?
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Only thing I could think of is she wasn't including the Wagner game but then where does the 1 win come from? hmmmm
Back to the top

South Alabama plays at Hawaii, so that's why they have 13 games.  Should have checked their schedule first.
Back to the top

Can any of the FIU fans who frequent this board please tell me why the Panthers are supposed to be this good this year? I just don't understand how a team can lose their starting QB and their best player and still be considered the best team in a conference. We may go winless this year (which I highly doubt), but I don't see how a team that was arguably better last year, come back and win every game this year.

I believe the College Football media has begun to fall in love with FIU as many did with the U in the past. They're the "sexy", fast team that is extremely overhyped and consistently disappoint. I just hope that hype dies down with their sideways move to the CUSA and we no longer have to be force-fed this nonsense.
Back to the top

owlmart said

SigEp77 said

Only thing I could think of is she wasn't including the Wagner game but then where does the 1 win come from? hmmmm

Yeah, but it would still count in the overall totals.  Also, the only time that affects a school is when they play two D1AA or lower schools in a season, only ONE win counts towards bowl eligibility.  So if you're 6-6 with two wins over D1AA schools or lower, you're staying home in the post season.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Because the Sun Belt Prediction piece is the one you do in five minutes before you meet your other reporter friends at that cute little sandwich shop down the street ohmygod I hope they have salami on rye I could kill for a salami on rye right now
Back to the top

No respect, no respect from SI. Holly Anderson should come down here and talk to the players and coach's before making predictions, but then again, that would make sense for SI.
Back to the top

FAU Picked to Go Winless in SunBelt Play by Sports Illustrated

SigEp77 said

owlmart said

SigEp77 said

Yeah, but it would still count in the overall totals.  Also, the only time that affects a school is when they play two D1AA or lower schools in a season, only ONE win counts towards bowl eligibility.  So if you're 6-6 with two wins over D1AA schools or lower, you're staying home in the post season.

Its the best I could come up with…or it was a blatant error
Back to the top

Their coverage of the smaller conferences is very mediocre.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: