Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Schnellenberger: FAU "Not Going...in Conference USA"

Coach Schnellenberger had a piece up in USA Today with commentary on UM, and the Owls, and offered up this gem regarding FAU's next jump in leagues:

"This (FAU) is the hottest thing going," Schnellenberger said. "We've got the best stadium in America, and we're enlarging to 65,000 when we get into the Big East Conference."

Is the Big East really where he sees FAU eventually landing?

"Sure it is, where else?" he said. "That's been our goal since the beginning. We're not going to go in Conference USA, I'll tell you that."

Schnellenberger talks up Miami, but not Conference USA
Back to the top

Re: Schnellenberger: FAU "Not Going...in Conference USA"

not if he keeps making comments like that we won't.  The Big East is great and all but lets be realistic, Conf USA is a step up from the Sun Belt and would most likely be our next move
Back to the top

Howard, I love what you did for us. But, please stop talking.

We're not going to the big east. Hell, we're not even a thought to C-USA. We have 5k tickets sold to our first game. I'm not too concerned about 65k ppl yet.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Schnellenberger: FAU "Not Going...in Conference USA"

I'm sure Pat Chun is pleased with these comments…
Back to the top

At least not until we start winning and bringing in people to the stadium, plus a new arena, updated baseball facilities, and softball facilities.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Howard, I love what you did for us. But, please stop talking.

We're not going to the big east. Hell, we're not even a thought to C-USA. We have 5k tickets sold to our first game. I'm not too concerned about 65k ppl yet.

+1000

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Just throwing this out there for consideration, but:

As an ambassador, he represents the University publicly-  in both speaking engagements and articles (like this one).

If they didn't don't want him saying that, do you think that someone (president) would say so?
Back to the top

Rick said

Just throwing this out there for consideration, but:

As an ambassador, he represents the University publicly-  in both speaking engagements and articles (like this one).

If they didn't don't want him saying that, do you think that someone (president) would say so?

Possibly, but with someone like that you have to treat with kid gloves. You have to respect everything he did for the university not just the football program but the university itself. You run the risk of upsetting some donors if you tell him to stop talking on the record or if he has to have everything approved first before he can speak publicly.

He does represent the university, but he's not the president or the AD. Not his decision to make. If 2-3 yrs from now C-USA asks us to join and we're in a better position than we are now, we'd be foolish to say no we're waiting on the big east. I admire his optimism but he needs to cool it with the Big East, and the we're too cool for CUsa talk or instead of helping it may hurt us.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

And this is why I love Schnelly: he always shoots for the moon.

ROLL OWLS

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Screw Flava Flav. Schnelly is the best hype man in the business of being a hype man.

Seriously, I am all for shooting for the BIGEAST. I do not however know how he can say that FAU is the hottest thing going or how he can say that FAU has the best stadium in the country.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: