Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Classes Cancelled for August 27th Due to Isaac

Add topic

This just in…

FAU Alert: All Contacts/Destinations - Due to TS Isaac, all FAU campuses, Henderson School, Slattery Center are closed as of 1 pm Sun, 8/26. Classes are canceled on Mon, 8/27. For more details, see www.fau.edu.
Back to the top

Re: Classes Cancelled for August 27th Due to Isaac

I guess this is a good place as any to post about some damage on campus thanks to Isaac.
About all of the banners on the outside of the stadium are either off or flapping in the wind. The only ones that aren't are the ones on the South side, with the "Shapiro Family" wirtten all over them. Some smaller trees on campus (parking lot between IVAS and Engineering West for the most part) have been uprooted. There's also many large palm tree branches on the roads.  There was some flying debris by the new dorm construction site. And finally a good amount of flooding on and around campus.
I drove around campus to check for the damage after hanging out with some brothers at the off campus house and just got back to IVAS about 30 minutes ago (12:30AM). For the most part looks like we dodged a bullet, but our friends in Mobile won't be so lucky.
Back to the top

I think it was a good call by FAU. I heard the railroad is a mess with some flooding, plus it gives the maintenance and facility guys time to clear the debris.
Back to the top

Ya, better safe than sorry. It's still pretty gusty out there with bad rain coming through every once in a while.
Back to the top

Back to business as usual tomorrow!
Back to the top

Rick said

Back to business as usual tomorrow!

Palm Beach State (Formerly PBCC), and the rest of Palm Beach County schools remain closed tomorrow. FAU is open and people on twitter ARE not happy.

I don't blame FAU for opening. It's not raining anymore, most of the flooding will be much better by the morning, no reason why PBC schools should be closed

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Well PBC schools are still closed because most of the western communities are still flooded, roadways closed, and in some cases out in the Acreage the roads have been washed away!    :-[

I know a coworker of mine wont be going to class today as she cant get out of her neighborhood.

AEA
Back to the top

Classes Cancelled for August 27th Due to Isaac

Have family in Boynton out west and the flooding was pretty serious there as well. People could not get out in some areas unless they had a truck basically...
Back to the top
Control functions: