Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Nate Nord

you think nate is kicking himself for going to UL? dude is a senior this year, has played in 3 games and has a UF transfer who will be playing in front of him after sitting out last year.

could be the Kooi of Albany State. Coming from NY i'm 100% confident i could have played albany. just goes to show awful howards recruiting was. when a guy was battling for a starting spot and is now battling for a spot a d2 school in upstate ny. not dissing kooi but goes to show he never deserved to be in the 1a level.
Back to the top

Re: Nate Nord

Nate Nord

I would say that Nate Nord fell into the trap all of these young guys fall into when listening to recruiters who just want a body in one way shape or form.

Was speaking with Dieter today and he commented on the value of relationship during the recruiting process, and being able to flush out the garbage chatter that is often given by programs just secure a commitment from someone versus being transparent in regards to playing time expected, etc.

Good conversation, and very valid.

This is a resulting case in point, IMO.

The irony is that he could have played here for his own father and would have likely been a focal point of the offense; although Gary must have given his "Blessing" towards the Louisville decision as well.

So there must be "more to the story" of why he landed there…….

Back to the top

Exit39 said

you think nate is kicking himself for going to UL? dude is a senior this year, has played in 3 games and has a UF transfer who will be playing in front of him after sitting out last year.

could be the Kooi of Albany State. Coming from NY i'm 100% confident i could have played albany. just goes to show awful howards recruiting was. when a guy was battling for a starting spot and is now battling for a spot a d2 school in upstate ny. not dissing kooi but goes to show he never deserved to be in the 1a level.

Kooi is at Albany State in Georgia. That is not the same as Albany in New York. Both are D-II programs though so I do see your point.

Another thing is that he is at a school that runs a lot of option. He is not going to win that battle against a proven QB. He doesn't fit the system so I do not know why he chose Albany State. He would have more success at a program the uses a pocket passer.

I do agree with you about Nord. He could have been a real asset to FAU and he was looking for greener pastures and ended up getting a great view from the sidelines.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I am pretty sure it is Albany STATE that Kooi attends, not SUNY Albany in New York….

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

is that near Paris, Texas?

hahaa, i feel pretty dumb about that one.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

is that near Paris, Texas?

hahaa, i feel pretty dumb about that one.

No problem it happens. We have all seen it first hand with the FAU/FIU confusion.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Exit39 said

just goes to show awful howards recruiting was.

What do Alfred Morris, Rob Housler, Lester Jean and Rusty Smith show?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

every blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile?

Alfred was great, jean close to great.

Housler never developed and AZ took him on his athletic ability and hoping to teach him, hopefully they will.

Rusty was good.

for everyone of those guys, I can show 10+ that should have never been in 1A football.

we were the worst team in the country last year. I think that speaks more volumes than 4 guys in the nfl out of 1700. an average of 14 per d1 school fyi.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

every blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile?

for everyone of those guys, I can show 10+ that should have never been in 1A football.

Oh, you mean guys like Polo and Avery Holley lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Just did a quick search, FIU And MTSU each have the same number of players in the NFL. ULM has one.

Troy is the anomaly with 10 but do you honestly think we should be UM of the 90s with everyone going in the draft?? We are just like every other sun belt team.
Back to the top
Control functions: