Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN760 FAU Football Special tonight!

www.espn760.com

Sounds like Chun is on the move to get us exposure.

Tweets below:

@ESPN760

We'll have expanded @FAUOwlAthletics coverage this year starting tonight! Thanks @Pat_Chun for making it happen. Rlease to follow

@ESPN760

Tonight @KLV760 will be hosting a SPECIAL FAU Football preview show from 6pm-7pm on @ESPN760 with @FAUOwlAthleitcs reporter @BRowitz

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: ESPN760 FAU Football Special tonight!

Nice! Thanks for posting. I'll be sure to listen through their website so that I can hear it

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

You can also hear it on your smart phone if you download the ESPN App

ESPN Radio on Your Mobile Device - ESPN Radio - ESPN
Back to the top

Full Release from ESPN760…

http://espn760.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=10&post_id=4011

Aug 30, 2012 – 9:50am
From ESPN 760 Staff

The new era of Florida Atlantic University athletics is here.  And ESPN 760 is boosting its Owls coverage to the next level.

ESPN 760 (WEFL-AM), the “flagship station for FAU Athletics”, is proud to ring in Carl Pelini and Pat Chun’s arrival with expanded pre-game radio coverage before every FAU football broadcast, plus an FAU webpage dedicated to all things Florida Atlantic athletics. Both the expanded pre-game show, and FAU webpage compliment ESPN 760  teaming up with Florida Atlantic University and marketing partner Nelligan Sports Marketing to once again broadcast all FAU football and men’s basketball games on ESPN 760, and on the web at ESPN760.com.

The FAU Pre-Game Show now initiates one hour before every Owls broadcast on ESPN 760. Alex Petakas returns as the studio host, and is joined by fellow FAU alum Brian Rowitz. The FAU Pre-Game Show features analysis, insight, interviews, fan interaction, and all of the very latest on the Owls and their opponents leading up to kickoff. For all home games, Petakas and Rowitz will broadcast live from the southwest entrance of FAU Stadium. Owls fans can also follow all of their favorite Florida Atlantic players, coaches, and teams on ESPN 760’s new dedicated FAU webpage (www.espn760.com\fauowls). The webpage features exclusive blogs, video, and audio content from the ESPN 760 FAU team, including the “Voice of the Owls”, Ken LaVicka.

LaVicka and Jason Pugh return as the broadcast team for all Owls football games. LaVicka has been the “Voice of the Owls” since 2010, and serves in a variety of roles for ESPN 760, including as a Dolphins/High School reporter, update anchor, and the host of the Sunday Sports Page (Sun 11 AM – 1 PM). Pugh is an FAU Hall of Famer, and a former defensive lineman with the Owls. He also hosts weeknights (6-8 PM) on ESPN 760, and is ESPN 760’s weeknight sports anchor on WPTV NewsChannel 5 and WFLX Fox 29. Pugh has served as the Owls color analyst since 2010.

“We are excited to begin another football season and thrilled to be a part of the new era under the leadership of new Athletic Director [Pat] Chun, and Head Coach [Carl] Pelini,” says ESPN 760 General Manager Steve Politziner. “Fans can enjoy our further expanded coverage with an extended pregame show and additional content at ESPN760.com.”

And speaking of the coach, Florida Atlantic and ESPN 760’s weekly call-in football coaches show, The FAU Sportspage with Carl Pelini has a new day and a new location. Beginning September 4, The FAU Sportspage airsevery Tuesday at 6 PM, live from Duffy’s Sports Grill in Deerfield Beach. Coach Pelini joins Ken LaVicka on site to break down the latest Owls news, as well as look ahead to the team’s next opponent, plus take calls and interact with fans on site.

Back to the top

So if we are sitting in the parking lot before the games across the street from their broadcast will we be able to hear it?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

ESPN760 FAU Football Special tonight!

I'll take this opportunity to clear up Dusky's question, and all future inquiries, about FAU broadcasts. I'll list ALL of the different ways in which all Owls fans can access FAU football broadcasts.

FAU foootball with Ken LaVicka and Jason Pugh can be heard on:
ESPN 760
640-AM
FAUSports.com
ESPN760.com
All ESPN760 smart phone apps

This makes FAU football the most accessible program in the nation from a broadcast standpoint.

Also, myself and Brian Rowitz bring you the position-by-position FAU Preview Show from 6-7 p.m. tonight on ESPN 760 and ESPN760.com. If you miss it, the entire show will be archived.

If any other Owls fans have any other questions, concerns, or even compliments (gasp!) about Owls coverage, e-mail me at [email protected].

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Hey Ken,

Glad to have you and the #98th all time player in FAU history back in the booth again.

I think Dusky's question is in reagards to the signal strength.

I love the coverage you guys are doing and its truly awsome however we will NOT be able to hear the game on the radio due to the weakness of the signal in the Boca Area. This is especiallly true at night. I like to listen to the broadcast while Im at the game so I can hear you guys discuss plays but there is no radio signal that carries into the stadium or Boca.

Not sure what you cand do about it but thats the biggest issue I personally  (and I think others as well) have with your coverage of FAU.

Back to the top

Hey Ken,
Welcome to the Board. Will you and JMP be talking to any of the coaches tonight, or maybe AD Chun?
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Hey Ken,

Glad to have you and the #98th all time player in FAU history back in the booth again.

I think Dusky's question is in reagards to the signal strength.

I love the coverage you guys are doing and its truly awsome however we will NOT be able to hear the game on the radio due to the weakness of the signal in the Boca Area. This is especiallly true at night. I like to listen to the broadcast while Im at the game so I can hear you guys discuss plays but there is no radio signal that carries into the stadium or Boca.

Not sure what you cand do about it but thats the biggest issue I personally  (and I think others as well) have with your coverage of FAU.

Right on the money OwlFamily, I love to listen but very poor reception in Boca.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

boozie132 said

You can also hear it on your smart phone if you download the ESPN App

ESPN Radio on Your Mobile Device - ESPN Radio - ESPN

Got it already but after the 7 day free trial you have to pay a 1x fee of $5.99. The worst thing about all this was that I did that once before and then they upgraded their ESPN Radio app and forced you to pay again

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: