Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ASU newest B10 transfer

Arky St. announced the transfer in of Alex Daniel from Northwestern, see link below for details on his NW "career";

Alex Daniel Profile - NUSPORTS.COM - The Northwestern Official Athletic Site

Career 2 carries for -1 yards, with injury and discipline issues at Northwestern! Wow, Arky St. picked up a stud there did'nt they!

He was a VERY good HS player from Roswell, GA and to me is a perfect example of the waste of a football career by MOST 3 star types by being swalled up and spit out by the BigBoys. Became a career practice team player and got hurt and then got in trouble. The Bigoys have the same 85 schollys and only 22 can start leaving 63 sitting the bench. Even lookin two deep you have 44 leaving 41 buried on the bench and/or as practice squad fodder. Think of that, over 40 talented, quality HS players hve little chance of ever seeing the field with the BigBoys.

We gotta get our own who leave state for the BigBoy conference programs to see the light to stay here and not onlysee the field in their lifetime but to start!
Back to the top

Re: ASU newest B10 transfer

GeorgiaOwl said

Arky St. announced…transfer of Alex Daniel from Northwestern…Career 2 carries for -1 yards, with injury and discipline issues…

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Did anyone catch the "Redwolve Revival" special on CSS tonight@ 10:00? Would have posted but caught it after it started.

First time I have seen a SBC program get a full :30 of airtime…….

Good show as well.

Back to the top

Some trouble in Jonesboro…

@ASUHeraldSports: Arkansas State just announced that sophomore wide receiver Earl Lucas has been dismissed from the team for violating team rules. #stAte

Lucas appeared in all 13 games, amassing 225 yards on 20 catches in 2011.
Back to the top

What the hell is going on over there at stAte? They are one of my favorite programs and the poster child for the SBC right now.
BTW Rick, I saw an :30 show on Georgia State on CSS either last night or a couple nights ago. Even though I only got the end, I'm very happy that the SBC is getting some of their own programs out there.
Back to the top

Hopefully we have one coming up soon too!
Back to the top

WENT to the new stadium to see the Wagner game (drove over from Tampa Bay area). I was very pleased with the stadium, less pleased with the parking, and quite displeased with the total lack of elevators or escalators on the visitor's side.

My brother-in-law, who suffers from diabetes, had great difficulty making it to our $29 seats. The security officer said "there's nothing anybody here can do to help you," which was terribly disappointing.  I thought the Americans with Disabilities Act required that facilities be available to the handicapped.  But I guess this does not apply to the visitor's side at FAU Stadium.

As far as the game, I'd have to say Coach Pellini's conservative approach is a far cry from Coach Schnellenberger's wide-open pro-style offense.  Perhaps the Owls will "open-up" the offense when they play at Middle Tennessee next game.

I'd have to say commuting to Owls' games from Tampa is far better than commuting from Ohio and Texas (which I did for the first 11 years).  Shout out to Rick and all my friends in the Lone Star Branch of the FAU Alumni Association.  Hope to see you at the North Texas game!
Back to the top

Hey CO69. You finally joined the owl's Nest. I posted along with you on Ted's blog for a long time.
Welcome.  ;D

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

ASU newest B10 transfer

Did you purchase handicapped seating or just regular seats? Something like a football stadium cannot be opened unless it passes minimum standards per the ADA AFAIK. If the handicapped seats are a PITA to get to, then someone should know.

Also, Schnelly NEVER ran a wide open offense, the pro style is a methodical grinding approach to the game, much like the revolutionary war. It works great when you're stacked like Alabama, no so much when we were a weaker sunbelt team. The Pelini offense will get better and higher scoring as the year goes by.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Hey CO69…Welcome.  ;D

+1

Welcome to The Nest CO69!
Back to the top
Control functions: