Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shout out to the students of FAU!

You guys turned up in force!

You were loud and energized for the entire 1st half. I know about half left after the 1st half, but I almost did too after watching the pedestrian performance of the team. That was NOT exciting football to watch.

I hope the same amount or more turn out for UNT. You guys made the atmosphere in the stadium.

Thank you.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Shout out to the students of FAU!

Glad for the nice student turnout - BUT STAY FOR THE WHOLE GAME!

That is what Coach P. is talking about, the passion of Nebraska fans and students. They don't get bored and leave! We gotta learn to stick with the team through thick and thin and sad to say that those who left missed a pretty damn good 2nd half! Should have Been 24-0 second half, not 7-0.

Once  these guys learn to play all game and execute and protect the ball, WE WILL start seeing 48-0 types of games in the stadium. Go Owls!
Back to the top

Shout out to the students of FAU!

GeorgiaOwl said

That is what Coach P. is talking about, the passion of Nebraska fans and students. They don't get bored and leave! We gotta learn to stick with the team through thick and thin and sad to say that those who left missed a pretty damn good 2nd half! Should have Been 24-0 second half, not 7-0.

Once  these guys learn to play all game and execute and protect the ball, WE WILL start seeing 48-0 types of games in the stadium. Go Owls!

To see the mass exodus seemed more like a protest or a sign to the staff and the AD saying hey, look we showed up in large numbers, we did our part, now you do yours. It wasn't so much bored as it was frustration, disappointment  and the same old story.

They'll show up again for the MTSU game, but you're right they should stick around for the whole game. I can't really get angry at them they definitely showed up big time and filled that section. It was good to see

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

That is what Coach P. is talking about, the passion of Nebraska fans and students. They don't get bored and leave!

FWIW, I've seen UF fans leave in the fourth quarter to go to a bar if they feel like the game's already decided.

You know, we talk a lot about FAU sports like they're a religion or a family that we need to be devout to. To those of us who have been around the campus or around the team for a long time, yes, that makes sense. But we're not going to see that same kind of devotion in a 17/18 year old kid here. The main event for them was probably the tailgating, the game is a carryover from that and if it's exciting, they stay, if not, they seek out something more fun.

That's just the way it is. They didn't grow up on FAU football the way the average UF or Nebraska fan did; for those people it's been indoctrinated since birth: this is what your family does, this is what your family talks about, this is what your friend''s families do, so they could have been eight years old and named more players on their team than the average FAU freshmen could now.

You could look at it as "our job" to indoctrinate our kids in FAU fever the same way. I don't plan on practicing and living in Florida but wherever I am, even if it's all the way across the country in the northwest, the games will be on our TV. The flag will be up. And when the team is good, I plan to take my wife and kids out to at least one home game a year. I imagine a number of you will likely do the same.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

GeorgiaOwl said

To see the mass exodus seemed more like a protest or a sign to the staff and the AD saying hey, look we showed up in large numbers, we did our part, now you do yours. It wasn't so much bored as it was frustration, disappointment  and the same old story.

They'll show up again for the MTSU game, but you're right they should stick around for the whole game. I can't really get angry at them they definitely showed up big time and filled that section. It was good to see

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

That is what Coach P. is talking about, the passion of Nebraska fans and students. They don't get bored and leave!

FWIW, I've seen UF fans leave in the fourth quarter to go to a bar if they feel like the game's already decided.

You know, we talk a lot about FAU sports like they're a religion or a family that we need to be devout to. To those of us who have been around the campus or around the team for a long time, yes, that makes sense. But we're not going to see that same kind of devotion in a 17/18 year old kid here. The main event for them was probably the tailgating, the game is a carryover from that and if it's exciting, they stay, if not, they seek out something more fun.

That's just the way it is. They didn't grow up on FAU football the way the average UF or Nebraska fan did; for those people it's been indoctrinated since birth: this is what your family does, this is what your family talks about, this is what your friend''s families do, so they could have been eight years old and named more players on their team than the average FAU freshmen could now.

You could look at it as "our job" to indoctrinate our kids in FAU fever the same way. I don't plan on practicing and living in Florida but wherever I am, even if it's all the way across the country in the northwest, the games will be on our TV. The flag will be up. And when the team is good, I plan to take my wife and kids out to at least one home game a year. I imagine a number of you will likely do the same.
I agree. The team hasn't been doing well enough for them to stick around for the whole game. So I don't fault them for leaving. Plus with it being a holiday weekend, maybe some of them wanted to get a early start on road trips. Yet if we start winning, I think they will stick around for the games.
Back to the top

Well WE WON and any who left missed a very decent (if frustrating due to the fumbles INSIDE the opponents 10!) 2nd half.

So guys, STICK AROUND, this is and always will be YOUR SCHOOL and the time will be short. If you are a new freshman you will probably only have 20 home games in your four years - SO don't shortchange yourself. Spoken from a '79 grad when we had NO SPORTS (THE DARK AGES)and were still not even a four year U.

Damn to be 18 again!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

GeorgiaOwl said

We're in the Middle of Nowhere, Tennessee for next weeks game Jab…
Back to the top

That's right! Good call afterlife. N. Texas on the 29th is the next game

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Expect a better turnout for North Texas wether we are 2-2 or 1-3, It is is parent family weekend. I know from last year my parents and all of my friends parents showed up and went to the game. That is easily an extra 6,000 tickets(the 3000-4,000 people that show up in the student section times 2)
Back to the top
Control functions: