Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ask the Coach questions...

Just saw a tweet from KLV.

@KLV760:

#FAU fans, send #Owlsquestions to [email protected] or tweet them to @ESPN760 before 5P. we'll choose a few to ask Pelini

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Ask the Coach questions...

Here mine,

1.)  I thought the offense was very vanilla and not what I was expecting. Will we see the wide open play we were told about against MTSU?

2.)  I thought the defense played great bending but not breaking. What improvements do you want to see from the Defense against MTSU?

3.)  Bad Special teams has been a bane of FAU for a long time, and that trend seemed to continue during  the Wagner game. When is FAU going to become competent in that regard?

Back to the top

All legitimate questions^^^^
Back to the top

Ask the Coach questions...

Why was Johnathan Wallace (our true, red zone short yardage back) not dressed on Friday? Will he be playing on Saturday?

Same for the slew of players that didn't dress.

Duron Carter? NCAA timeframe on him?
Back to the top

Make sure you mail them to Ken as well guys, I know he reads the board, but Im sure he's busy today preping for the show plus all the other stuff he does.

Back to the top

Some excerpts from the radio show (not verbatim but close)

"Coach, when you read things that say sometimes a win is a loss, how does that make you feel?"
"I let it slide off my back. A win is a win… I would never fail to celebrate a win. They're too hard to come by in college football."

===

"After the two miffs on Friday, will we be seeing Travis Jones out there again or will we be moving to Keith Reaser perhaps?"
"Well, they've both been alternating snaps in practice. We went with Travis because he's an offensive guy. Yeah, I don't have any problem with Travis. If anything Travis just needs to slow it down and not try to make a big play on every play."

===

"Do you have to be a winner to bring in these names to play FAU?"
"No, not really. There are a lot of teams reaching out to us for home and home games. They want their brand seen locally."
"What about the UCFs and the USFs… is it important to bring in the Florida schools?"
"Well, there are local fans following that. But as far as I'm concerned, I think any name program coming into our stadium is going to demand good attendance. That's something we'll consider moving forward."

===

"Is it a good thing to have a conference game as the second game, this early?"
"Ask me on Sunday. But yeah, I think it's a good thing to see where we measure up before Alabama and Georgia. I'm very curious to see how it goes."
Back to the top

And some of the players we were wondering about (for me, J Wallace) were resting little injuries. They'll be playing on Saturday!
Back to the top

Me thinks that was part of the "strategy"…….

Wagner didn't demand the same lineup MTSU will see - no need.

We got it done, and that is all that matters.

Advantage:

Owls.
Back to the top

Rick: I suspect you're right. Chess games require strategy. Middle might not know exactly what to prepare for, despite having tape of the Wagner game. This applies to personnel as well as playbook. Coach Pelini strikes me as a guy who is good at keeping secrets. It will be interesting to see what happens Saturday. Fortunately for me, it is on ESPN3.
Back to the top

grayowl said

Coach Pelini strikes me as a guy who is good at keeping secrets. It will be interesting to see what happens Saturday.

+1!
Back to the top
Control functions: