Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Morris listed as 3rd on Redskins Depth Chart

Add topic

Evan Royster | WAS (September 3, 2012 4:45 PM EDT) The Redskins released a revised depth chart on Monday, and Evan Royster was listed as the No. 1 tailback.

The depth chart can be viewed at the link below. Royster is No. 1, with Roy Helu at No. 2 and rookie Alfred Morris third.

History has told us Mike Shanahan's depth charts should always be taken with a grain of salt. We won't know anything for sure until game day.

Story

I know it says don't put much faith into this initial depth chart, but what more does Morris have to do to be named starter? He easily out performed the other 2. Maybe it's because he's a rookie?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Morris listed as 3rd on Redskins Depth Chart

Here is a video of Alfred giving interviews to the media. Pretty good head on his shoulders.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Alfred-Morris-9-03/c09c5a12-2bbe-45db-a4da-38d9d730f606
Back to the top

Well they cut/releaed Hightower so  they plan to use Alfred. yes the other two backs are faster with a little more NFL experience, but Alfred will be more dependable and just has to wait on the injuries to them to kick in - they will and soon!
Back to the top

Problem I have, well aside from hating the Redskins, is that he looked much better than both of these RBs. In fact against first team starters Morris probably has more yards than the other 2 combined. So you reward him by making him 3rd on the depth chart?

Shannahan this just in: Evan Royster SUCKS and Helu isn't much better (No offense Nebraska fans, he was great in college). Not saying Morris is the next Barry Sanders but give the kid a shot, got nothing to lose

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Morris listed as 3rd on Redskins Depth Chart

Here's a nice article about Alfred from the Washington Post.

Alfred Morris just might be Mike Shanahan’s latest discovery - The Washington Post
Back to the top

Back to the top

Nice article and video, thanks for the posts guys! Go Alfred and GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: