Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWO FAU @ MTSU

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Week One is over and that means half the teams in college football are undefeated. However, this will change for a lot of teams. Here is Week Two's rundown.

FAU @ MTSU 09/08

In Week Two action FAU heads north to Tennessee. The 1-0 Owls meet a Middle Tennessee State (0-1) team that suffered an embarrassing loss to FCS opponent McNeese State in week one. FAU and MTSU have a deep history considering the relatively recent addition of FAU to college football and to the SBC. FAU was able to prove some things in Week One despite a very slow start against FCS Wagner. The FAU defense is solid and QB Graham Wilbert has shown the ability to take control of the offense. The run game looked good at times, but turnovers were a problem. FAU will look to be consistent on offense and expect coach Pelini to open up the playbook a bit more. MTSU will come into this one looking to bounce back after a surprising loss to McNeese State. MTSU has some weapons on offense with junior QB Logan Kilgore throwing for 240 yards and 2 touchdowns last week. The MTSU run defense is suspect though. The Blue Raiders gave up almost 300 yards on the ground last week for an average of 5.8 ypc. FAU will need to establish the run early and maintain possession of the ball. Turnovers will be an early nail in the coffin for the Owls. I expect a close game early on and one that could go either way.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: MTSU 24 FAU 17

Other SBC Action:

Western Kentucky @ Alabama 09/08

This game will be of interest to FAU fans in order to get an early gauge on how good WKU is as well seeing what to expect when FAU goes to Tuscaloosa. This game will most likely be a route. Expect WKU to hang in there for the first 15 minutes. After that it will be all Alabama.

Fearless Prediction: Alabama 52 WKU 17

Florida International vs. Akron 09/08

FIU is not the same team that they were last year despite being the media darling of the SBC. The Golden Panthers (0-1) were handled by Duke to open the season. FIU has a good offense in place, but the defense gave up 46 points. Akron (0-1) lost by a margin of 42 points to UCF last week. Neither team brings much defense to the table in this game. However, FIU will have the advantage on offense.

Fearless Prediction: FIU 31 Akron 20

Troy vs. Louisiana-Lafayette 09/08

The Trojans (1-0) host the Ragin' Cajuns of ULL (1-0) in early SBC action. ULL blanked FCS Lamar with a 40-0 win in Week One. Troy took a 10 point victory away from a clash with UAB. Both teams demonstrate balanced attacks with Troy having a more consistent run game. This should be the best game of the week in the SBC as Troy looks to bounce back from a poor 2011 season while ULL looks to improve upon a 9 win campaign in 2011.

Fearless Prediction: ULL 31 Troy 24

National Action:

Florida @ Texas A&M

The new look SEC will have its first new meaningful game of the season as the #23 Gators travel west to Texas. Florida (1-0) struggled in Week One against MAC opponent Bowling Green. Texas A&M (0-0) did not see the field as weather delayed their meeting with Louisiana Tech. The additional time to prepare for Florida with benefit the Aggies.

Fearless Prediction: Texas A&M 28 Florida 24

Georgia @ Missouri

In another matchup including a newly minted SEC team, #6 Georgia (1-0) travels to Missouri. The Dawgs started slow against Buffalo, but came away with the victory. Missouri (1-0) came out red hot and scored 28 points in the first quarter against FCS opponent Southeastern Louisiana. Missouri has the offense to compete with Georgia. The question will be how well the Missouri defense can play.

Fearless Prediction: Georgia 34 Missouri 28

Upset Specials:

Miami (FL) over #22 Kansas State

North Dakota State over Colorado State

Get ready for another big weekend.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWO FAU @ MTSU

Going to have to agree with you OwlFan1…

While FAU appears to have made some progress defensively, the offense will have to show successful consecutive halfs to instill confidence.

A road win to "technically" start the year against a team that was embarrassed at home the week prior is a bit premature.

BUT:

It should be a lot closer than recent years' results (+24) against the Blue Raiders. And believe we will break the 14 point scoring "barrier" as well.

23-17

MTSU
Back to the top

17 6 FAU win.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I watched the MTSU game last week and their defense is a little more than suspect.  They had absolutely no containment on the edges and their secondary had gapping holes.  Comparing our 2nd half (watching it right now on replay) versus the Middle/ Wagner game and knowing Pelini was intentionally going very vanilla in all aspects as well as who was not in uniform I have a different opinion.

FAU 31
Middle 17

GO OWLS!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'm going with 23-17 FAU. We make a FG but miss an extra point.
On a side note, I was told today by one of the Alabama grads in the office the early line on the FAU vs AL game is 55 pts. I think I'd take that bet.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

I'm going with 23-17 FAU. We make a FG but miss an extra point.
On a side note, I was told today by one of the Alabama grads in the office the early line on the FAU vs AL game is 55 pts. I think I'd take that bet.

on the 'Bama side…..even top 10 Mich got rocked…I see lots of 3 step drops and handoffs for GW that day

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWO FAU @ MTSU

FAU by 10 points!  We will get back at them for the end of the game hail-mary they unleashed on us.  I still have nightmares over that last second play ???

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU 13-10...our D remains stout....Banged up backs are not effective and allow Henry to get 2 sacks...one of them a fumble that gives us a short field for the score...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I know MTSU lost to McNeese state last week, and we barely beat Wagner. Still have a lot to work on.

24-7 MTSU

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Too close to call…..I'm hoping with Fortner in this week along with Jackson we can establish a dominant run against MTSU's defense.  That honestly might be the difference….
Back to the top
Control functions: