Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hey Pelini?

Dear Coach Pelini,

First off I want to say:

Congratulations we are the worst team in the nation. I'm so glad that you decided to keep all the fans and media out of practice over spring and fall, so we wouldn't see the six awful plays we have. Why didn't Markesse Jackson, the running back who ran for 99-yards in the opener, get a carry tonight? Why do are special teams still compete for the worst unit in the nation? Can we just please not put a returner back there next week and just surrender the yards?

I'm glad that you have elected to wear a workout shirt instead of a nice Adidas Polo to every game. Coordinators wear workout shirts, but then again, BCS coordinators don't surrender 302 rushing yards to a team starting their 3rd string running back.

Sincerely,

A concerned fan.

PS: Graham you played great tonight.
Back to the top

Re: Hey Pelini?

owlcountry40 said

Dear Coach Pelini,

First off I want to say:

Congratulations we are the worst team in the nation. I'm so glad that you decided to keep all the fans and media out of practice over spring and fall, so we wouldn't see the six awful plays we have. Why didn't Markesse Jackson, the running back who ran for 99-yards in the opener, get a carry tonight? Why do are special teams still compete for the worst unit in the nation? Can we just please not put a returner back there next week and just surrender the yards?

I'm glad that you have elected to wear a workout shirt instead of a nice Adidas Polo to every game. Coordinators wear workout shirts, but then again, BCS coordinators don't surrender 302 rushing yards to a team starting their 3rd string running back.

Sincerely,

A concerned fan.

A bit harsh, but hard to argue with any of that…let Graham throw….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Dear Coach Pelini,

First off I want to say:

Sincerely,

A concerned fan.

You're an idiot.
Back to the top

Baby steps. He didn't have much to work with so we should cut him a break this year. In addition, both the offensive and defensive schemes are new to the players. However, I will agree with the punt returns. Just keep everyone at the line of scrimmage but don't rush the punter. We'd most likely get a ruffing penalty.
Back to the top

How… did you suddenly learn to write like this?

Post of the Day nomination, just on historical grounds.
Back to the top

The said

owlcountry40 said

Dear Coach Pelini,

First off I want to say:

Sincerely,

A concerned fan.

You're an idiot.

Really, McNeese State –an FCS program– held Middle Tennessee State to 343 yards and 2 touchdowns. We gave up 480 yards and 4.
Back to the top

Hey Pelini?

Owl2Doc said

How… did you suddenly learn to write like this?

Post of the Day nomination, just on historical grounds.

Nah… can't win til he gets the players names right! And I don't agree he does not have a lot to work with, we have tons of good and big people on the bench. I think the real problem is the Coaches lack of confidence, not the players. TURN 'EM LOSE COACHES, LET 'EM PLAY, THEY MIGHT JUST SURPRISE YA!
Bottom line; we can't let a team with one returning starter on the O line run for 300 yards WITHOUT their starting RB!
Back to the top

Not happy about the loss, but seriously, what did you really expect this year? What we need to see is improvement as the year goes on. This is pretty much the same team that went 1-11 last year. It's going to take Pelini time to get the players in that fit his system. He may or may not be the right guy for the job and for all I know, he isn't…..but you need to give him at least two years, not two games.

This is clearly not a talented football team. I watched the Akron-FIU game….Akron is not a good team but the talent level is several notches higher than what we have here. That's a disgrace, but that is the previous regime's fault, not Pelini. I'm probably grasping at straws for positives, but at least this year so far I see a team keeps fighting and is playing disciplined football for the most part. I could not say the same last year. The next two games are throwaways, but I hope to see improved play against N Texas at the end of the month.
Back to the top

And tonight is not all the Coach's fault either. Dropped balls, bad calls, and poor defense didnt help.
Back to the top

I want everyone to look at the schedule and name another win.
Back to the top
Control functions: