Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Congrats to Alfred Morris on his great debut...

Add topic

Congrats to Alfred Morris on his great debut...

Awesome game...nearly 100 yrds....2 TDs...Way to make us proud, bro....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Congrats to Alfred Morris on his great debut...

Not a bad write up for him in the post today either;

TRACTION: Alfred Morris is legit.
The sixth-round running back from Florida Atlantic looks to be Mike Shanahan’s latest find in the running back department, although we were saying similar things about Ryan Torain, now out of football, about a year ago, weren’t we? Still, Morris looks like the perfect fit for the offense, finding holes quickly, making his cut and bowling over tacklers in his path. Zone-blocked run plays don’t require the fanciest running backs (although the plays work even better with Arian Foster or LeSean McCoy in the backfield), they just require someone who finds the natural crease and is decisive about getting through them. Morris’s start was an extension of his impressive preseason, and validates the decision to let go of Tim Hightower despite Evan Royster and Roy Helu Jr. not being all the way healthy.

What was real, and what was a mirage against the Saints?
Back to the top

I was just checking the skins message boards to see what they are saying. All of them are VERY excited to finally have a good offense. Of course he is overshadowed by RGIII, but they are starting to love him too. The ones that were skeptical about preseason saw him in real action and are now believers.

I am not a big NFL guy but will be cheering for the Skins as long as he is playing, hope he keeps getting the starts!

GO MORRIS & GO REDSKINS!
GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

On sportscenter last night Stuart Scott said "DC has a lot going for it right now, there's the presidential election, RG III and Alfred Morris"

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

On sportscenter last night Stuart Scott said "DC has a lot going for it right now, there's the presidential election, RG III and Alfred Morris"

REALLY? VERY COOL! Plus 100 to Stuart then!
Back to the top

If only Alfred had an O line while he was still here........

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

As much as I hate the Redskins (Cowboys fan), I hope he has more success with his team in the NFL than he did in college. He's a class act all the way. Never complained about anything, went out there did his job and literally carried this team on his back. Him doing his owl fingers after he scores gives me goose bumps every time I see it.

It just makes me so proud to be a fan of this school knowing we have alumni like him. Even coming back for the first home game to support his Alma mater

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The broadcast cast crew for that game gave Morris a lot of respect  (Kenny Albert, Moose Johnston, and Tony Siragusa). No FAU who or attacks about his ability. Basically they talked about his ability to get positive yards and his forward lean.
Back to the top

Showed he can carry the load with 28 carries and handle the pressure with no turnovers with the lead to protect.

An old school guy like Shanahan must love having a back he can depend on (not a geme breaker but very solid player) as compared to the other ALWAYS injured backs he has (see releasing Hightower!). I just hope he does not run Alfred into the ground (aka as riding the horse into the ground), the NFL is a LONG season!

Go Alfred!
Back to the top

This is an awesome NFL interview and video on Alfred Morris.

'NFL Fantasy Live': Alfred Morris - NFL Videos
Back to the top
Control functions: