Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fumble Call

I usually dont complain about this type of thing…but wat the heck was that fumble call and confirm by replay in the 4th quarter.  Our WR was obviously down when that fumble came out.  That was a key play in the game.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Fumble Call

walty12 said

I usually dont complain about this type of thing…but wat the heck was that fumble call and confirm by replay in the 4th quarter.  Our WR was obviously down when that fumble came out.  That was a key play in the game.

It really was the turning point of the game. Blown call I think.
Back to the top

Fumble Call

Only saw the replay once, but, was the knee touching the ground before the ball came out at any point?

You can spin/roll on your back like a New York teen on a tile floor, but if that knee doesn't touch you are not down yet.
Back to the top

Rick said

Only saw the replay once, but, was the knee touching the ground before the ball came out at any point?

You can spin/roll on your back like a New York teen on a tile floor, but if that knee doesn't touch you are not down yet.

That's not true. If you knee, elbow, or butt touches the ground, then you are considered "down". If your back touches, then I would think your butt touched too.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I agree.  it doesn't have to be your knee.

The guy was flat on his back and the opposing player touching him.  He was down.  i ususally don't complain about refs either because they are usually equally bad on both sides.  That was so obvious, I don't know what they could have ruled.

Even the homer MTSU announcers couldn't believe the call.
Back to the top

True , the announcers were saying the review was for ball position or time on the clock. They thought the no fumble call was a given. When the official made the call, they kind of let it slip away without too much to say other than they didn't know what the refs saw that they didn't see. It's over though and we must look ahead.
Back to the top

The announcers for that game were garbage.  If anyone is going to announce regardless of who or what is broadcasting should not have an obvious favoritism towards one of the teams playing.  I was tired of listening to the two MTSU Fans call the game that I muted it and had the volume from another game going on.  I know this is something small but man was that ridiculous .
Back to the top

Pelini should have filed a protest with the SBC on that call.  Won't change the outcome of the game, but those officials are put on notice.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

One of the worst calls I have seen in a while
Back to the top
Control functions: