Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Pelini comments on the Coach show...

Just listened to the coachs show and there are some very telling comments from coach that indicate what to expect this year.

Builiding
Foundation
Process
Time
Dedicated to the system

Folks, I think we just need to sit back and realize that this team is NOT going to be competative this year. Coach Pelini and his staff is putting thier system and philosophy in place. The above words were mentioned several times.

The best we can hope for is improvement in each and every game, and hopefully by the end of the season we are competative and give FIU an arse kicking.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Coach Pelini comments on the Coach show...

owlfamily said

hopefully by the end of the season we are competative and give FIU an arse kicking.

hahahaahhahaa  :P
Back to the top

As much as I'd rather have a winning team, realistically, as long as I can see improvement every game, I'll be happy.  I think I predicted a max of 4 wins this season, and even that I thought was being kind.  I'm not sure we'll hit that number but I do want to see us working towards the goal of being a good team.  We play USF again next year and for family pride we need to beat them next year!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Well, there is always basketball season!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Back to the top

I agree with Coach you want to do  all of those things AND improve game to game. But there is nothing wrong with being more aggresive on both sides of the ball right now either. After all, that is a goal too! After all, that is one reason Coach brought in 12 JUCOS and transfers, to speed up the competitiveness of the team. And FAU does have to sell some seats and put butts in the stands. Losing or worse, losing badly won't do that UNLESS there is visible improvement from game to game.
Back to the top

Hopefully he's under-promising but will over-deliver.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Little less than 2 months away! Finally get to see Moody and the Dragon in action.
Back to the top

Coach Pelini comments on the Coach show...

Owl2Doc said

NJOWL said

Little less than 2 months away! Finally get to see Moody and the Dragon in action.

Lots of expectations for Coach J this season.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

FAU needs to focus on these topics as coached stated:

Builiding
Foundation
Process
Time
Dedicated to the system

We need to set the table before we eat.  While the losses sting and are not fun, our University has made more important strides than winning some SunBelt games.  We need to work on our infrastructure to build a solid program that will be able to recruit high level athletes and coaches so we can reload year after year.

I am not interested in the one off seasons.  I want a program with an identity and a school with the infrastructure (stadium, workout room, traditional campus with campus life, etc).  That is our ticket to building a real football program that will be able to move to a large conference.  Nobody cares if you win SunBelt games….nobody is talking about Arkansas State right now.

While we need to keep improving as a football team, we are doing some very important things as a University which in the long run will payoff.  Soon there will be no more negative recruiting against FAU about being a commuter school with no campus life that plays in a crappy stadium.  Other schools will be able to say none of that.  They may say, "FAU has had a crappy football team for the last few years"….it only takes one season to turn that around.  Just one.  And then we are the school off the beach with a lot of kids living on campus and a campus life with a beatiful new stadium with a good football program….and only getting bigger and better.

Thats how you become the next TCU.  Thats how you get to the big conference.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: