Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: State of the University 2012

Add topic

FAU has eclipsed 30,000 in student enrollment, and is ranked 27th in diversity out of all the schools in the nation. Oh yeah, and we're finally getting another parking garage this year.

Back to the top

Re: VIDEO: State of the University 2012

MediaOwl said

Oh yeah, and we're finally getting another parking garage this year.

Woo hoo!

That's sure to fire up the crowd!

;D

Ps…Nice work MediaOwl!
Back to the top

For the love of all things holy, I hope President Saunders meant the next calender year, and not the next school year. BTW, that new design looks great! Will fit very will with the rest of the Innovation Village complex!
Back to the top

VIDEO: State of the University 2012

She did mean the next calendar year. Expect the groundbreaking to come in Jan or Feb
Back to the top

A) Excellent video. Seriously, the quality of videos produced about FAU has gone up substantially and really represents the university on a very professional level. Kudos there.

B) That's a… pretty "downtown Miami" garage design but thank you for the image! Finally we get to see this thing. "Main Street Garage" eh, not sure that sign name applies. Do you know anything about why construction was delayed a semester or, more importantly, what's going in the retail portion?
Back to the top

Thank you for your kind words about the videos. I love what I do and I love FAU, and I hope that my work reflects the greatness of our school and helps draw in new people to the community.

As far as the garage, I haven't heard much about the cause of the delay. However, I did hear that the rendering in that video is not likely to be what the actual garage will look like. They may have already changed the design. I do know that the retail component is still a go, but no word on specific retailers
Back to the top

MediaOwl said

I did hear that the rendering in that video is not likely to be what the actual garage will look like. They may have already changed the design.

Ah. Well if you come across any more renderings of anything, please share it with us!

MediaOwl said

I do know that the retail component is still a go, but no word on specific retailers

Besides the Denny's and a second Starbucks (ideas that were floated to students in an earlier survey), I personally know that the Charm City Burger guys (who recently opened Rebel House in Boca) were very interested in getting involved with FAU… they just didn't know who to contact. I hope the university reaches out to them because they make awesome food.
Back to the top

Guess this new garage can't come soon enough since even CBS is reporting about the parking problems at FAU this semester.

Back to the top

Nice posts on the FAU State of the Union event and the news report on parking.

Nice to have such a problem, and it will get fixed eventually. By the way, at the end of the new report I loved the clock chimes in the background - sounds like a real college campus! I beleive the new parking garage will be the 3rd on campus. Do y'all know UCF now has nine (9), and they call us a "commuter school"!

Proud to see the FAU has passed the 30K level even with being more selective, the school has grown SO MUCH since my days there!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

sounds like a real college campus!

I think it's time everyone accepts that it is a "real" college campus (minus Greek housing)
Back to the top
Control functions: