Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alfred Morris Week 2 Stats

Add topic

Alfred got the start again today and has not disappointed.

While he does not have any touchdowns yet here is his line:

13 carries, 89 yards, 0 TD, longest run of 29 yards

5:27 remaining in the 3rd Quarter

NFL.com Stats

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Alfred Morris Week 2 Stats

15 carries for 93 yards

Only seven more for his first 100 yard game as a pro

Back to the top

Nope for him and RGIII. Rams block a punt, score and D stiffens and stops Skins O late and win 31-28. Alfred's last carry a 4 yd. loss so 16 carries for 89 yards - still best in game. Nice start to his NFL career. He was 4th in NFL in rushing coming in and this can't hurt!
Back to the top

He is looking good so far, but lets see how he does against the giants, cowboys, and eagles.
Back to the top

Alfred Morris Week 2 Stats

USMCOWL said

He is looking good so far, but lets see how he does against the giants, cowboys, and eagles.

He's doing what he's supposed to do. Run well against the weaker opponents. Eagles run D is nothing special and as a Cowboys fan they certainty didn't look to be anything special in their loss to Seattle

Back to the top

Jab979 said

USMCOWL said

He's doing what he's supposed to do. Run well against the weaker opponents. Eagles run D is nothing special and as a Cowboys fan they certainty didn't look to be anything special in their loss to Seattle

The Eagles have the best units in terms of skills positions. But our d-line is comprised all of pass rushers. None can defend the run well and our linebackers were amongst the worst in the NFL last season, but we have improved upon our LB crew.

With that said, Alfred will be able to run on us.

Btw, I am an Eagles fan if you could not tell…. hahah

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Jab979 said

USMCOWL said

The Eagles have the best units in terms of skills positions. But our d-line is comprised all of pass rushers. None can defend the run well and our linebackers were amongst the worst in the NFL last season, but we have improved upon our LB crew.

With that said, Alfred will be able to run on us.

Btw, I am an Eagles fan if you could not tell…. hahah

Eagles, Owls and Falcons gotta fly together!
Back to the top

Wrap-up: Rams 31, Redskins 28 - NFC East Blog - ESPN

He's the man: Rookie Alfred Morris was once again the only Redskins running back of note, collecting 89 rushing yards on 16 carries. Griffin carried the ball 11 times, but no other Redskin got more than one carry. Roy Helu got none, and was only targeted once in the passing game. Morris is the Redskins' running back right now. Not sure how long it'll last, but he's not doing anything to prod a change.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

this is all great for Alfred, though he is competing for playing time and loosing out on valuable TD's because of RGIII. I think he was 11 carries for 82 yards, with 2 TDs. Having such an agile/mobile QB takes away from Morris.
But very proud to be an OWL, hope he keeps getting the starts, and some more scoring opportunities.

GO MORRIS!
GO OWLS!
Back to the top

NCowl said

this is all great for Alfred, though he is competing for playing time and loosing out on valuable TD's because of RGIII. I think he was 11 carries for 82 yards, with 2 TDs. Having such an agile/mobile QB takes away from Morris.
But very proud to be an OWL, hope he keeps getting the starts, and some more scoring opportunities.

GO MORRIS!
GO OWLS!

Yes, technically he is losing carries to RG III, however when the opposing defense doesn't know who's going to run the ball it will help Morris. They all may be looking for him to run it up the middle and then RG III takes off. When they try it again they will try and plug the holes to stop Griffin from running and he'll hand the ball off to Morris.

I'd like to see them throw it to Fred a little bit too. He can catch, but it seems like they've been using Helu for that for some reason. Maybe he's quicker than Alfred, not sure

Back to the top
Control functions: