Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"The University of Miami would like to thank all 300 people who came out today."

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: "The University of Miami would like to thank all 300 people who came out today."

Ours was not good, THAT is awful! Mr. Golden had better start winning and putting butts in those seats fast or he will follow Shannon out the door very soon!
Back to the top

Re: "The University of Miami would like to thank all 300 people who came out today."

If its national championship level or you're fired down there…coach after coach will be gone.  They need to change thier mindset to compete in the ACC first.  Things will never be the same as they were for the "U"….college football has changed.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

"The University of Miami would like to thank all 300 people who came out today."

UM should've built that stadium on campus when Howard requested it.
In my opinion, UM made a mistake when they got out of the Orange Bowl.
I think a 40K to 45K seat stadium would be enough for their fan base.
The dolphin's stadium is just too far and too big.
Back to the top

Maybe they can work out a deal with FIU and play at their stadium!

;D
Back to the top

NîTE said

UM should've built that stadium on campus when Howard requested it.
In my opinion, UM made a mistake when they got out of the Orange Bowl.
I think a 40K to 45K seat stadium would be enough for their fan base.
The dolphin's stadium is just too far and too big.

+1

BAD move.

Back to the top

this is exactly why our stadium will never expand. i'm fine with that too. the South Florida market sucks for sports teams.
Back to the top

Where we have an advantage is that our alumni base is predominantly in the area, something like 100k people in the tri county area are FAU alums. We keep graduating people at the rate we are, it will pass UM in 10 years, and if we can engage all of the previous alumni who didn't go to FAU for a college "experience" but for a degree, then we'll do just fine filling that stadium.

Will we ever need 60k seats? most likely not. But our new AD recognizes that putting a winning product on the field, consistently, is the key to success in the stands. It's why we're going to stop scheduling these games against UGA and Bama back to back and bring one of those home. We stand to make more money with 30k people coming and having a freaking blast than a one time kiss for a million bucks.
Back to the top

Agreed, UM should have built an on-campus stadium. And I wouldn't be surprised if they just went with Pro Player as an ego thing.

But it's definitely too big for them. I don't think they've even sold it out when they played FSU at home there.

And hopefully we'll be able to compete with them in 2014. By that time we'll have had three Pelini recruiting classes in the new stadium and MG3 will have a season under his belt.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Agreed, UM should have built an on-campus stadium. And I wouldn't be surprised if they just went with Pro Player as an ego thing.

But it's definitely too big for them. I don't think they've even sold it out when they played FSU at home there.

And hopefully we'll be able to compete with them in 2014. By that time we'll have had three Pelini recruiting classes in the new stadium and MG3 will have a season under his belt.

And they should still be under sanctions that will be coming out the end of this season depending on how severe they are. We might be in a good position to compete with them.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: