Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Let's Start a New Tradition

Add topic

I have an idea for a new tradition. The idea is when you are driving on the road/highway and you pass another vehicle with FAU paraphernalia (e.g. FAU tag, FAU Alumni frame, FAU parking decal..etc) quickly press your horn twice (symbolic for HOOT HOOT) to acknowledge the FAU alumni/student as well as your support for the university. What's your opinion about this idea for a new tradition?
Back to the top

Re: Let's Start a New Tradition

OWLNATION said

I have an idea for a new tradition. The idea is when you are driving on the road/highway and you pass another vehicle with FAU paraphernalia (e.g. FAU tag, FAU Alumni frame, FAU parking decal..etc) quickly press your horn twice (symbolic for HOOT HOOT) to acknowledge the FAU alumni/student as well as your support for the university. What's your opinion about this idea for a new tradition?

I like it, but until everyone knows, it will probably be responded to with an old tradition similar to Owl Fingers, but called: The Bird.
Back to the top

;D LOL

+1
Back to the top

Let's Start a New Tradition

Do it guys, I think it is a great idea!

This week driving to Athens with flags and car magnets and everything on my car, a number of GEORGIA people did the same here to us with thumbs up - nice gesture and great sportsmanship by them!

If you are driving with your gear exhibited and someone honks and shots you a bird or says something bad, just give 'em a thumbs up and a smile or the Owl eyes! Show some class and be above the trash of the world!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Do it guys, I think it is a great idea!

This week driving to Athens with flags and car magnets and everything on my car, a number of GEORGIA people did the same here to us with thumbs up - nice gesture and great sportsmanship by them!

If you are driving with your gear exhibited and someone honks and shots you a bird or says something bad, just give 'em a thumbs up and a smile or the Owl eyes! Show some class and be above the trash of the world!

On the way from ATL, we honked at all the FAU cars that we saw, and gave them the Owl Fingers. One point when traffic wasn't moving, we got out and had a conversation with the FAU family next to us lol.
A bit off topic, my mother was in Denver this past weekend and was wearing an FAU short on Saturday for the game. A lady in her 30s came over and said that she went to FAU for her undergrad. They had 20 minute conversation and gave each other the Owl Fingers. Same thing happened to me while in Hilton Head Island in SC a couple months ago.
The Owl Nation is definitly on the rise.
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

On the way from ATL, we honked at all the FAU cars that we saw, and gave them the Owl Fingers. One point when traffic wasn't moving, we got out and had a conversation with the FAU family next to us lol.
A bit off topic, my mother was in Denver this past weekend and was wearing an FAU short on Saturday for the game. A lady in her 30s came over and said that she went to FAU for her undergrad. They had 20 minute conversation and gave each other the Owl Fingers. Same thing happened to me while in Hilton Head Island in SC a couple months ago.
The Owl Nation is definitely on the rise.

Awesome. Really.
Back to the top

I never honked at anyone but I would always throw up some owl fingers out the window when I pass by another owl.... 8)
Back to the top

I had a lady over here in Palmetto stop me in the publix parking lot because she saw my FAU sticker and plate on my truck.  We ended up talking for about 15 minutes and turns out her son was a reciever for us back when I was there in the early 2000's.  I also ended up working for a short time with the cousin of the "Harmon Hop".  Small world

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

You met Rosie Bynes' mom at publix? Or was it Brittney Tellis?  ;D
Back to the top

I did it today, but in response I got one owl finger….the middle one  :D
Back to the top
Control functions: