Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

is this bad or good?

Conference Power Rankings (Sept. 18) - CBSSports.com

a lot of respect to the belt. But at the same time pathetic that we are the worst team in the belt.
Back to the top

Re: is this bad or good?

I was just thinking this yesterday… all the positive press on the SBC right now, things are looking bright, BCS busting going on, maybe  top 25 team soon and here we are on the bottom. We really need to get it back together and be a contributor to this conference on the rise. Other conferences will notice…

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Very good actually, we will be up in the standings soon, next year if not this.

Did y'all notice that TWO (2) of the other conferences BEST WINS were vs. Belt teams - WOW! And we were not the conferences worst loss - that honor went to ULL for their loss to Okie St. And UGA is ranked and considered much better than OSU!
Back to the top

its great for the belt. just pisses me off this team is so freaking bad.
Back to the top

Im not convinced they are that bad, the defense has been.  The game that will let us know where we stand is UNT.  Graham Wilbert has been playing lights out (cant believe I just said that).  WR's are developing and the RB's look good.  Im optomistic we can win 4-5 games.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Im not convinced they are that bad, the defense has been.  The game that will let us know where we stand is UNT.  Graham Wilbert has been playing lights out (cant believe I just said that).  WR's are developing and the RB's look good.  Im optomistic we can win 4-5 games.

+1

The D is in fact:

BUT, agree, and can see four games now in the realm of possibility…
Back to the top

I think it is still too soon to say this is the worst team in the SBC.  The games following 'Bama will tell us where this team stands.  That 1st half against UGA has to cast some doubts on those that thought we were worst.

New coaches, new systems in place on both sides of the ball.  If they gel (especially on D), the rest of the season s/b interesting.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

It's funny how N Texas and FIU are going to Conference USA and the Belt is moving up way above ;D  Definitely is a blessing that we were not chosen to go to Conference USA in my opinion.  Come-on Big East, make your move!  FAU is a great choice!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

is this bad or good?

SBC is on its way up and within the next couple years could be regarded as the best of the mid-major conferences.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I'm still a little shocked that ULM and WKU were able to do what they did. How did some of our SBC teams suddenly get good? Seriously… how did we go from automatic blowouts to, hold on a second, we're taking this game down to the wire?

Coaching changes?
Talent upgrades?

When ULM beat Arkansas, people blamed it on injuries that ULM capitalized on. Then they went and took Auburn to OT too. It wasn't a fluke.

The head coach at ULM is Todd Berry. It's his second year as head coach and he wasn't a coach at the highest level (SEC). Ok, so Kolton Browning is a stud QB - got it. There had to be more than that.
Back to the top
Control functions: