Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ #1 Alabama - 09/22/12 @ 5:00 PM

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

The Matchup: Florida Atlantic (1-2, 0-1 SBC) vs. Alabama (3-0, 1-0 SEC)

When: Saturday, September 22nd, 5:00 PM

Where: Bryant-Denny Stadium

Weather: Here

The Series: First Meeting

Team Information:

FAU 2 Deeps

FAU Game Notes

Alabama Team Site

Alabama Game Notes

Game Information:

TV: ESPN3.com Outside FL, & PPV Locally (Check with Provider)

Live Video: Tide All Access (Fee)

Internet Broadcast: Here

Live Stats: Here

Back to the top

Back to the top

Re: GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ #1 Alabama - 09/22/12 @ 5:00 PM

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ #1 Alabama - 09/22/12 @ 5:00 PM

USMCOWL said

I refuse to read anything from the Post. Not just Tom D'Angelo but anything, I don't care if they break a story about the world coming to an end and they are the only paper who has it. I will not read their paper until they apologize to Henry or reassign Tom D'Angelo.

If someone posts a a link to an article from them, I won't give them the satisfaction of clicking on it. I have no interest in helping him out by improving his #'s

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

@Jab…I agree. I hate the PBP and stopped reading it months ago. They have FAU in their back yard but would rather run dozens of articles about UF. And I don't mean interesting stories. Stories about anything involving the Gators. I don't dislike the Gators, but the PBP tries to force feed you Gator when all I want is a little Owl. I get all my Owl info from here and Owl Access. That's all I need.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

USMCOWL said

I refuse to read anything from the Post. Not just Tom D'Angelo but anything, I don't care if they break a story about the world coming to an end and they are the only paper who has it. I will not read their paper until they apologize to Henry or reassign Tom D'Angelo.

If someone posts a a link to an article from them, I won't give them the satisfaction of clicking on it. I have no interest in helping him out by improving his #'s
STONE COLD!!!!! haha
Back to the top

Local said

@Jab…I agree. I hate the PBP and stopped reading it months ago. They have FAU in their back yard but would rather run dozens of articles about UF. And I don't mean interesting stories. Stories about anything involving the Gators. I don't dislike the Gators, but the PBP tries to force feed you Gator when all I want is a little Owl. I get all my Owl info from here and Owl Access. That's all I need.
agreed, they do not know what they are missing in Boca…..now if only we could start playing like ULM……god that hurts to say
Back to the top

Local said

Exactly! Long time readers of this forum probably remember Kimberly Miller. She used to write the most ridiculous articles bashing FAU and it had nothing to do with sports. If you went to a class and didn't have a pencil, Kimberly Miller would write an article about the pencil shortage at FAU and how they are laying off teachers so that they can afford pencils.

UF is 300 miles away from the FAU campus in Boca, I understand they are a much more recognized school and they are better in sports than we are, but let the papers up north worry about that. We get more coverage from a paper in broward than we do in our county.

Sorry for going off topic Rick

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Np…

To get back on it:

Comcast says the don't have the game on PPV.

Anyone else having any luck??
Back to the top

For anyone with Directv trying to order the game:

I just got off the phone with one of their representatives, which left me more confused than before. She says that the pay-per-view broadcast isn't blacked out yet, but could be. I have no idea what that means but it's $39 to order the game. She also mentioned that they are having technical difficulties with something revolving around the "Alabama-Florida game." I'm assuming she means Florida Atlantic, but she wouldn't explain what the difficulties are.
Back to the top

I know Hooters in Boca Raton is having a watch party and offering one of those buy 10 get 10 wings deals. The only issue being is that they are also ordering the game on pay-per-view and could experience problems.
Back to the top
Control functions: