Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: North Texas @ FAU - 09/29/12 @ 5:00 PM

Add topic

The Matchup: North Texas (1-3, 0-1) vs. FAU (1-3, 0-1)

The Series:

The Owls lead 6-2, but have lost the last two meetings.

09/11/04 A W 20-13
11/12/05 H W 26-23
11/18/06 A W 17-16
09/22/07 A W 30-20
11/08/08 H W 46-13
10/17/09 A W 44-40
09/25/10 H L 21-17
10/08/11 A L 31-17

When: Saturday, September 29th, 5:00 p.m.

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

UNT Team Site: Here

TV: ESPN3.com

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do In Boca Raton, FL

Latest Line: Here
Back to the top

Re: Game Week Thread: North Texas @ FAU - 09/29/12 @ 5:00 PM

Back to the top

Ted Hutton is a Debbie Downer. After reading his story I think we should just get rid of our football program.
Back to the top

Game Week Thread: North Texas @ FAU - 09/29/12 @ 5:00 PM

Will be interesting to see who is favored in this one!

Me thinks the Owls, but only by a point or two…….
Back to the top

Local said

Ted Hutton is a Debbie Downer. After reading his story I think we should just get rid of our football program.

Consistently, Ted writes the most negative pieces on FAU Football week after week. A very "Boca" mentality when it comes to his coverage of our school and that is extremely unnecessary for such a young program that is obviously improving.

With that said, I'm looking forward to this game and most likely blacking out at the tailgate beforehand.
Back to the top

nextdoorSTB said

Local said

Consistently, Ted writes the most negative pieces on FAU Football week after week. A very "Boca" mentality when it comes to his coverage of our school and that is extremely unnecessary for such a young program that is obviously improving.

I'm not going to deny that it was negative.

However, let's not forget that Ted Hutton has written more positive pieces on FAU Football than anyone in the history of the program. He had a daily blog extolling the virtues of the program even when it was in the pits. There were many, many times when he could have bagged on the program the way the d-bag from the PBP does, but he didn't. He apologized for the program when it was bad and overemphasized our tiny accomplishments when it was good.

And he did it for a long, long time.

Ted Hutton is the Howard Schnellenberger of FAU football coverage.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

nextdoorSTB said

Local said

However, let's not forget that Ted Hutton has written more positive pieces on FAU Football than anyone in the history of the program. He had a daily blog extolling the virtues of the program even when it was in the pits. There were many, many times when he could have bagged on the program the way the d-bag from the PBP does, but he didn't. He apologized for the program when it was bad and overemphasized our tiny accomplishments when it was good.

And just like Schnelly, we can all see that it's time for a change. I'm not looking for a sugar-coated blog on the minor positives from our crappy season, but drilling those facts into your fan base, week in and week out, is completely unnecessary. Also, no one cares about how he is a nursing major or whatever. Waste of space on this site that actually causes some semi-legitimate discussions on the team we love.

There is no other site for Owl fans to congregate and turn their hopes and dreams into posts, and I just think the inclusion of Ted's blog is not needed. Time to adjust or cut ties.
Back to the top

nextdoorSTB said

Owl2Doc said

nextdoorSTB said

Local said

And just like Schnelly, we can all see that it's time for a change. I'm not looking for a sugar-coated blog on the minor positives from our crappy season, but drilling those facts into your fan base, week in and week out, is completely unnecessary. Also, no one cares about how he is a nursing major or whatever. Waste of space on this site that actually causes some semi-legitimate discussions on the team we love.

There is no other site for Owl fans to congregate and turn their hopes and dreams into posts, and I just think the inclusion of Ted's blog is not needed. Time to adjust or cut ties.

No one is forcing you to read it. If you do not want to read what Ted thinks, then just don't click on his blog. It's that simple.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

But it is too late. There should have been a disclaimer. I'm looking for the tallest building to go jump off. I'm soooo depressed now. Someone help me.
Back to the top

Local said

But it is too late. There should have been a disclaimer. I'm looking for the tallest building to go jump off. I'm soooo depressed now. Someone help me.

Ah, sarcasm. Should have known. The fans match the program.
Back to the top
Control functions: