Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pat Chun's Student Challenge...

Pat Chun's Student Challenge...

@Pat_Chun

#FAU student challange. If 4000 of u r in the stadium by kick at 5 pm on Sat vs N Tex we will giveaway rally towels by the 2ndQ.  #OWLPRIDE

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Pat Chun's Student Challange...

Awesome!, I hope to see a lot more of this kind of thing at the stadium in the future

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

It's a good idea, but fans should have the habit of being inside the stadium before kick off.
It's like a sunbelt, mid-major bad habit. You don;t see that at big schools.
When the team comes out, the fans are in the stands.
>:( >:(
Back to the top

NîTE said

It's a good idea, but fans should have the habit of being inside the stadium before kick off.
It's like a sunbelt, mid-major bad habit. You don;t see that at big schools.
When the team comes out, the fans are in the stands.
>:( >:(

I have been to a number of Rutgers games, cfb games at Yankee stadium, and a few Champs Sports Bowls in Orlando.

At every single one of these games the crowd will suck, then about half way through the first quarter the fans file in and the place is a sellout. So it is not a midmajor thing. It is just how sports, and people in general, work. People decide to go into the stadium when the game starts, so the stadium cannot be full upon kickoff.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I loved that the school handed out red and blue pom poms for the students last year at both football and basketball games, it gave the games an SEC feel to them. So I was dissapointed when I saw that no pom poms were given out for the Wagner game. Rally towels is a great idea, but 4,000 students won't happen this game. And 2nd quarter? The game could be over by then….

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer
Back to the top

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Does he own an FAU shirt?
Back to the top

@HootinHollerin..a negative post does not a Debby Downer make. Now if you do it day after day….well. I totally agree with you. Why not give them to the kids before the game as they enter their section. How are they going to hand out 4000 towels at the end of the quarter. Please don't say they are going to use towel cannons to shoot them to each kid. Nice idea. School spirited.Great job Pat. But, make a quick tweek to the plan.
Back to the top

I was super excited about this until TeamBeer reminded me that Im no longer a student!  ???

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

I'm just glad that the AD and Coach realize how important it is to get students into the game, AND GET THEM IN EARLY.

It is honestly very embarassing when the team runs out and there are only 1K people in the stands.

Wrap up those tailgates and GET IN THE STADIUM folks. That goes for everyone. I know some of my friends who taligate heavy dont get inside well into the 1st quarter and sometimes even the 2nd.

Back to the top
Control functions: