Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FIVE FAU vs. North Texas

The college football season is more than a quarter over for most teams and week five marks the time to settle in to the conference schedule for most teams. This week I will focus on key conference match-ups around the country that also feature some great mascots.

FAU (1-3) vs. North Texas (1-3) 9/29

The Owls play host to the Mean Green in a game that will likely tell us how FAU will perform for the remainder of the season. The Owls will breathe a sigh of relief to be facing an SBC foe after two weeks playing some of the best in the SEC. Graham Wilbert will look to keep his efficient ways intact with a playbook that should be more wide open than past weeks. North Texas has the 43rd best rushing attack in the nation. They will look to expose a porous FAU defense and grind out the clock. This will be a close one with both teams needing a win.

Fearless Prediction: FAU 28 UNT 20

#14 Ohio State (4-0) @ #20 Michigan State (3-1) 9/29

This might be the most important game in the BIGTEN this year. Top tier Michigan already has two losses and Wisconsin has stumbled as well. Ohio State proved vulnerable last week against UAB and Michigan State brings some serious defense into this one.

Fearless Prediction: Michigan State 27 Ohio State 24

#12 Texas (3-0) @ Oklahoma State (2-1)

Oklahoma State has the #1 offense in the country, but both of their wins come against non-BCS programs. Texas looked strong with a 61 point showing against Ole Miss. Expect fireworks and lots of points.

Fearless Prediction: Oklahoma State 45 Texas 38

#18 Oregon State (2-0) vs. Arizona (3-1)

Oregon State might just be the surprise team of the season. The Beavers have outscored Wisconsin and UCLA en route to a 2-0 start. That said, defense was the reason for the wins as OSU has only put of 37 total points in those two wins. Arizona has been spotty with a big win against Oklahoma State followed by a 49-0 drubbing at the hands of Oregon. Oregon State is the sentimental favorite even though smart money is on Arizona.

Fearless Prediction: Oregon State 24 Arizona 17

Have a great weekend and enjoy the games!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FIVE FAU vs. North Texas

22-21…….

{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-
Back to the top

38- 27 UNT I just  no have faith in our D

Also no way OSU puts 45 On Texas their D is way to good.

And I got UT in a Upset over UGA this weekend
Back to the top

Hope they learned something from their 3 losses, I say they get it done because they are hungry.
Though we will all curse at them multiple times for stupid mistakes saturday.

OWLS 27
Green Guys 24

{o,o} – salute the hoot!
|)__)
-”-”-
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Thank you.
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FIVE FAU vs. North Texas

It is absolutely ridiculous for anyone to try to make a prediction on this game.

Both defenses cannot stop anyone.

We scored the same amount of points against Alabama as we did Wagner, and put 20 on Georgia… how can a team score more against an SEC school ranked in the top 5 than against a team that recruits 0 star athletes?

Also: The past games are not even a barometer of what we can do as Pelini has said that during the past two weeks the entire squad has battled the flu. Anyone who has had the flu knows it is hard to do anything well, especially football, with the flu.

GW has shown flashes of brilliance. But who will he be throwing to? Is Dukes really healthy or are we just saying he is so unt has to prepare for a tall deep threat? Without him our tallest wideout is 6'0.

And what is with our line? They could barely block against wagner and mtsu, but open up a gaping hole for a 40 yd TD run? Which oline is going to show up?

I am sorry, but there are way too many variables that have been changin this season for the team. I feel as if I have only stated the tip of the iceberg of what they have gone through up to the third-pole in the season. There is no way anyone can confidently pick this game. We could win by 40, or lose by 40, I could not tell you which it would be and would not be surprised by either.

What I will say is this: If we do not win, or at least compete on a high level, this season is over. The team will lose hope. 1-4 is not something easy to comeback from, especially when you have played 2 of your 3 easiest conference games and gone 0-2 in them. Most importantly, the fans (casual ones) will most definitely not show up.

My prediction for FAU vs unt: The game will be played, someone will win, someone will lose, and it will decide the season for us.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

It is absolutely ridiculous for anyone to try to make a prediction on this game.

??

(UNT is 2nd in the conference in scoring defense & 58th nationally)
Back to the top

Rick said

NJOWL said

??

(UNT is 2nd in the conference in scoring defense & 58th nationally)

My bad… they were able to contain: Texas state and troy.

Throw out the numbers, their defense is bad too. 58th Nationally is just about "average" considering their are 124 teams, and the two opponents they have kept in check were fcs (what is texas state considered?) and Troy (who is nothing to write home about).

I will say this then: Their defense has slightly outperformed ours.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Andrew said

owlcountry40 said

Thank you.

Texas gave up 31 to Ole Miss. The same Ole Miss team that UTEP held to 28. That doesn't smell like great defense to me.

Oklahoma State is also explosive of offense.

We can debate this one once it is over.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

31-17 UNT. We showed some promise against Bama and UGA but we're still a season away from being a competitive team in the Belt. Not our year, UNT wins by 2 TDs

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: