Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Baja Beach Club

Add topic

You guys once talked about a bar/club that was on the beach that you used to go because it had great beer deals and dancing. Was that called the Baja Beach Club?

I saw "the Baja Beach Club is coming back" and it reminded me of that conversation. Here's their Facebook page.

In any case, it's a new nightspot for Boca. It's not on the beach though… looks like it's taking over the cursed Club Boca location on West Palmetto Road.
Back to the top

Re: Baja Beach Club

Owl2Doc said

You guys once talked about a bar/club that was on the beach that you used to go because it had great beer deals and dancing. Was that called the Baja Beach Club?

I saw "the Baja Beach Club is coming back" and it reminded me of that conversation. Here's their Facebook page.

In any case, it's a new nightspot for Boca. It's not on the beach though… looks like it's taking over the cursed Club Boca location on West Palmetto Road.

The Baja I went to many moons ago was on Federal and Oakland Park Blvd. in FT Lauderdale - I want to say early 90's. This place was HUGE. It was a former department store (two story). Even had an inside mall entrance at times (before 9:00 PM).
Back to the top

Rick said

The Baja I went to many moons ago was on Federal and Oakland Park Blvd. in FT Lauderdale - I want to say early 90's. This place was HUGE. It was a former department store (two story). Even had an inside mall entrance at times (before 9:00 PM).

Haha! I remember that place! It was fun, then when that placed closed down it was emerald city which was in the same vicinity but don't remember where exactly. I think I went to Baja for my 20th bday, that was 13 years ago.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Met my wife there at the one on Oakland.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Grew up in Lauderdale and shopped at that Mall MANY Times.

Speaking of beaches (real ones), what beach in Boca does anyone recommend for me to take my family too when in town this weekend? NEVER went to a Boca beach, always in Laudedale or Lauderdale by the Sea.
Back to the top

I remember one "escapade" when believe it was Foreigner who was playing at like 5:30 PM in the afternoon?! Me and a buddy went, but the place was a ghost town at that time obviously…there were like 20 people rocking out to Urgent, and  Juke Box Hero…kind of strange though given the set up with no crowd.

They used to try and get people in early with free food…it was a pretty fat buffet spread with wings, salads and other finger foods at no charge…all we needed to get gassed up for the night though.

They also used to sell Budweiser in the 32 OZ glass bottle…but that didn't last too long afterwards, as those bottles became a problem about 12:00 AM!

;D

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Speaking of beaches (real ones), what beach in Boca does anyone recommend for me to take my family too when in town this weekend? NEVER went to a Boca beach, always in Laudedale or Lauderdale by the Sea.

If you want a Boca beach then Spanish River. But if you're looking for a beach that has some restaurants and things in the surrounding area, I would go with Delray which has Bostons and Sandbar plus you can take a short drive to Atlantic ave and walk up and down the ave assuming it's nice out, or Deerfield which has a lot of restaurants like Bru's room as well as a few that are on the beach that you can look out and see the ocean

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Baja Beach Club

Jab979 said

GeorgiaOwl said

If you want a Boca beach then Spanish River. But if you're looking for a beach that has some restaurants and things in the surrounding area, I would go with Delray which has Bostons and Sandbar plus you can take a short drive to Atlantic ave and walk up and down the ave assuming it's nice out, or Deerfield which has a lot of restaurants like Bru's room as well as a few that are on the beach that you can look out and see the ocean

Spanish River is more of a family beach. Palmetto is the college/high schooler beach.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Definitely Delray Beach. Great food within two blocks of water. Every price range and every type of food as well as bars. It's a five minute drive from Spanish River beach.
Back to the top

If you have kids and they like the water, take them to Red Reef Park, they have some artificial reefs that they put in pretty shallow water and its great to take the kids snorkeling around them.  I remember it being packed on the weekend though, so you should try to get there early.  Parking was pretty pricy too I think.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: