Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: Coach Pelini - North Texas Post-Game Comments

Back to the top

Re: VIDEO: Coach Pelini - North Texas Post-Game Comments

VIDEO: Coach Pelini - North Texas Post-Game Comments

Get ready for some tough practices for the next two weeks!
Back to the top

Also a good time for guys who are battle some injuries to really rest for the long stretch ahead after the bye.
Back to the top

The coach really sounds down, and I can understand. I attended the Alabama and North Texas games. Alabama went better than I had feared – the TD at the end was really encouraging, no matter which players Alabama had on the field. I had thought we would win the North Texas game, and the stats showed we should have – except for that annoying category called points (and some distressing bad plays). Onward. I plan to attend the Navy game, which I had thought we had a shot at winning. But the North Texas performance makes me worry. Plus Navy (like all three military academies) loves the triple option. That can drive a defense crazy. If it doesn't react and adjust pretty quickly, a game can get out of hand. One good thing, though is that Navy is not a huge team. We'll see….
Back to the top

Players via FAUOwlAthletics...

Back to the top

Whenever I hear "lack of focus", what I REALLY hear is "disinterested in the game."

I mean, everybody makes mistakes. You didn't run you route correctly, maybe the ball went to "no one" or it got intercepted in the endzone.  It happens.

But you'd think every player would come out swinging, knowing they're 1-3, having a 1-11 record last season, finally at home after two losses, you'd think they'd have plenty of focus on scoring and (if possible) pulling away early.

I don't want to say it's "laziness" per se because come on, how could these guys live a life of 3-a-days starting at the crack of down and weight training and film review and classes and still be called lazy? But maybe they just come out and run through the motions, more worried about being in the right formations than about whether the play is going to work and win, and it's only when they get down that the urgency and the fear sets in… that is when you switch from "just going through the motions" to "whatever I can do to make this play work because it has to. We're running out of time."

I just woke up so that's probably all over the place.
Back to the top
Control functions: