Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A ring of honor for our Stadium.

I was thinking about this when watching the Packer game too. Most pro, and big schools alike have a ring of honor around their stadiums. Examples of pro teams would include the Packers, Dolphins, Jets just to name some pro teams. Collegiate teams like Alabama, Florida, Wisconsin, Georgia Tech have rings of honor too around their stadium. We have a beautiful facility and we could start that tradition for our stadium. Former Owls such Rusty Smith, Alfred Morris, and Lester Jean, and of course Howard Schnelleberger just to name some names that could go in the ring of honor. It not only brings recognition to those people, its a great marketing tool. FAU fans, let me know what you think.
Back to the top

Re: A ring of honor for our Stadium.

I agree that we should do something like this, or at least retire jersey numbers of Morris or Rusty, but I think we should get naming rights for the stadium and start a new tradition of winning lol before we worry about a ring of honor

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I agree that we should do something like this, or at least retire jersey numbers of Morris or Rusty, but I think we should get naming rights for the stadium and start a new tradition of winning lol before we worry about a ring of honor
I agree Jab that naming rights are the priority, along with winning, yet I think starting a ring of honor could be a huge potential draw for someone looking at maybe spending money on our stadium.
Back to the top

The people/companies with the kind of money needed to get naming rights could give a rats butt about a ring.The are concerned with advertising value and return on investment. Emotions don't factor in much. Rings of honor are down the road and although the names mentioned are worthy, the only one truly worthy at this point is Howard S.
Back to the top

I agree with some of that, at least about naming rights. Yet I'm pretty sure if when or ever FAU does a honor ring for the stadium, FAU fans would agree that Rusty and Alfred's names, along with Howard S should be the first unvield.
Back to the top

Cmon guys, FAU's first son should always be the name you think of when talking about this. Jared Allen. Period. Rusty and Alfred are both worthy as well, but you can't forget the guys who got us there…back when we were winners. Ah the good ole days.  :'(
Back to the top

A ring of honor for our Stadium.

sorry forget about Jared Allen.
Back to the top

That's like me saying General Petraeus is the only good wartime General the US has had!  ;) Gotta know your history man.
Back to the top

when Jared Allen was playing i was in the corps wondering when I was getting deployed again. lol.
Back to the top

ha ha, no worries man. I've pretty much exhausted my military history with that one line.

But if you want to hear some stories about Doug Parker you just let me know.
Back to the top
Control functions: