Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Old guy in Boca with white van......

Add topic

Who is the old guy who drives around boca in a white van with a big FAU banner duct taped to side.  He almost slammed into the side of our car this morning at Costco.  He got out of his truck and yelled at some people for being in his way (people were walking with their shopping cart through the parking lot).  People were yelling at him to not drive since he looked and was acting very mental.
Back to the top

Re: Old guy in Boca with white van......

Old guy in Boca with white van......

Sounds like Medicaid Mike to me but from what I know of him he seems like a very nice guy

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

That is Mike's van but I havent ever heard of that kind of behaviour before.

Everyone has bad days, perhaps this was one for him.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Aqualung said

Who is the old guy who drives around boca in a white van with a big FAU banner duct taped to side.

Did he look like the guy pictured with Rusty below?

Back to the top

I've talked to Mike on good and bad days. I actually saw his van on the way to the game Saturday.

I've also driven in the madness of a Costco parking lot. I'd understand someone going off on people there too.

Not saying it was right, don't know the whole situation, but I can see where it would happen.

Costco parking lots are almost as frustrating as the Dunkin Donuts parking lot on 20th. It's just…. terrible.
Back to the top

Rick said

Aqualung said

Who is the old guy who drives around boca in a white van with a big FAU banner duct taped to side.

Did he look like the guy pictured with Rusty below?

I think that is him but the guy I saw looked a lot older.  He was all dorked out in FAU gear (shirt, hat, blue and red suspenders and I think red white and blue shorts).  He definitely forgot to take his happy pills this morning.  Why does he drive that huge van anyways.  He must be about 90 years old.  Could he still be working? 
Back to the top

I think he does, part time - not sure doing what though.

He's a really nice guy, but everyone has their "bad days"…
Back to the top

Rick said

I think he does, part time - not sure doing what though.

He does indeed. In fact, he works close to FAU.

Since this is an "attack" thread, that's all I'll say about that.
Back to the top
Control functions: