Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Starting to get concerned...

about Coach Pelini.

Saw this tweet from Deiter today.

Dieter Kurtenbach ?@dkurtenbach
Carl didn't have time for his radio show this week, but he's calling Omaha today. RT @NickBahe: Carl Pelini joins The Drive at 3:20pm.

Now I was perfectly fine with him missing the coachs show and I believe he missed the SBC Coachs confrence call as well because he was out recruting. And he obvviously was since we've seen some offer news.

But he's got time to call into a Omaha radio show? Not sure what benefit FAU or the program has by talking to a Omaha station?

Hello Denmark? Something is starting to smell rotten here.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Starting to get concerned...

owlfamily said

Hello Denmark? Something is starting to smell rotten here.

Like??
Back to the top

The state with a fan base that probably still loves the guy wants to do a call in interview for 15 minutes and you're concerned? I wouldn't be.

The Tuesday night show is on location and CP needs to be there for at least an hour once a week. The radio show of mention he can do from his car driving to see another JUCO player (hopefully!).

there is no doubt that CP is not a media darling though. We were treated to a pretty cool coach for the last 12 years that gave interviews and always an awesome sound clip and now we have kind of a dud. it is what it is I suppose.
Back to the top

Rick said

Like??

It's like he's not "all in" for FAU for some reason.

Why would you do a Omaha radio interview? What connection is there to FAU?

He'll I may be way of base, but I cant for the LIFE of me see  why he would schedule time for this and NOT for the SBC confrence all.

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

The state with a fan base that probably still loves the guy wants to do a call in interview for 15 minutes and you're concerned? I wouldn't be.

The Tuesday night show is on location and CP needs to be there for at least an hour once a week. The radio show of mention he can do from his car driving to see another JUCO player (hopefully!).

there is no doubt that CP is not a media darling though. We were treated to a pretty cool coach for the last 12 years that gave interviews and always an awesome sound clip and now we have kind of a dud. it is what it is I suppose.

Just puts a sour taste in my mouth I guess.

I understand not doing the Radio show since he was obviously out and about. The SBC confrence call would be the same as doing this radio show though, and the SBC is having one hell of a season.

I may be blowing it WAY out of proportion. It's just not sitting well with me.

Now if 4* guys were banging down the door, I probably wouldnt give a damn TBH. LOL

Back to the top

owlfamily said

TeamBeer said

Just puts a sour taste in my mouth I guess.

You know puts a sour taste in my mouth…

;D

Back to the top

NCowl said

You know puts a sour taste in my mouth…

;D

Couple of nice 3* and 4* recrutis would give me a lot of

to go with those to make some nice lemonade.  8)

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Truth.
Back to the top

He's on the Omaha station because Nebraska is playing a big game this weekend. It's the same as WQAM calling Howard to talk about UM or a station in Louisville calling Howard

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Starting to get concerned...

Can't imagine how that interview went…

Host: "Hey coach, your brother has a big game this weekend at Ohio State, any tips for him or defensive schemes you have to help stop Braxton Miller?"

CP: "Well let's be honest here, both Bo and myself are defensive guys, but you know I have nothing really. Me defense hasn't really been able to stop anybody really. We're last in the Sun Belt in rush defense, so I got nothing. Just glad FAU isn't playing Ohio State this weekend."
Back to the top
Control functions: