Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Man Dies After Winning Roach Eating Contest . . .

Add topic

A Florida man died Friday night after consuming dozens of roaches and worms during a contest . . .

Florida Man, 32, Dies Shortly After Winning Pet Store's Roach-Eating Contest | The Smoking Gun
Back to the top

Re: Florida Man Dies After Winning Roach Eating Contest . . .

The article says he wasn't feeling well, started to regurgitate, but they didn't know the cause of death.

EATING ROACHES.

Any questions??
Back to the top

Florida Man Dies After Winning Roach Eating Contest . . .

Rick said

The article says he wasn't feeling well, started to regurgitate, but they didn't know the cause of death.

EATING ROACHES.

Any questions??

PLEASE don't tell me this IDIOT is (sorry, was) an FAU Alum! PLEASE!
Back to the top

Back to the top

I'm very interested to see what the pathologist finds… perforated stomach? I thought maybe toxins or bacteria, especially if he ate "dozens" of the bugs.

Found this on the Huffington Post:

"Unless the roaches were contaminated with some bacteria or other pathogens, I don't think that cockroaches would be unsafe to eat," Michael Adams, professor of entomology at the University of California at Riverside, told The Telegraph.

Professor Adams said he had never heard of someone dying after consuming roaches, and added: "Some people do have allergies to roaches, but there are no toxins in roaches or related insects."

Apparently people eat roaches in Thailand but they're usually cooked. I've also heard stories of prisoners in foreign countries where the living conditions are so squalid it's like a living hell and they'd try to catch and eat the roaches in their cell for the protein. Remember that next time you complain about McDonalds.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I'm very interested to see what the pathologist finds… perforated stomach?

Apparently people eat roaches in Thailand but they're usually cooked. I've also heard stories of prisoners in foreign countries where the living conditions are so squalid it's like a living hell and they'd try to catch and eat the roaches in their cell for the protein. Remember that next time you complain about McDonalds.

Just a comment…Ever squished a roach?

Notice the smell afterwards?

VERY appetizing eh??

:D

People eat a lot of things, but that does not mean it is good for them, or even profitable.

In this case, the guy should have just ponied up $800 for the snake if he wanted it that bad…….

There is 100% correlation between him eating 30 or so roaches, then becoming sick to his stomach, and vomiting IMO.

Perhaps they were still alive and did some damage inside, as you proposed.

On a side note:

Anyone else find it interesting that the lead slide on the video above is a mug shot??

Back to the top

Wonder if those roaches were Regular or Extra Crispy

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

My guess...this is drug related
Back to the top

This confirms my theory.....snake people are weird.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

This confirms my theory…..snake people are weird.

Ha ha
Back to the top
Control functions: