Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lance Armstrong Was at Center of Doping Program, Agency Says . . .

Add topic

Lance Armstrong Was at Center of Doping Program, Agency Says . . .

The United States Anti-Doping Agency said Wednesday that Lance Armstrong was at the center of the most sophisticated and professional doping program in recent sports history . . .

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/sports/cycling/agency-details-doping-case-against-lance-armstrong.html?hp&_r=1&
Back to the top

Re: Lance Armstrong Was at Center of Doping Program, Agency Says . . .

Its like the steroid era in baseball, he was still the best amongst the dopers of his time.

TeemBeer…are you clean?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yes, I'd be a LOT faster if I wasn't!  ;)
Back to the top

The doping story bring up an issue I was thinking about during the olympics.  I personally think blood doping is wrong and cheating, but I don't think it is a drug, its merely modifying the natural process of blood oxygenation.  I started thinking about all the olympic athletes using all kinds of crazy training regiments and taking who knows what to compete at that level.  I think that is why I've given up on watching the olympics because it is no longer about the athlete's ability, it's more about who has more money and can afford better training and physiological supplements.  Unfortunately to compete at that top level today, I think you need to do it, but it just seems wrong. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

An argument I heard often about Lance racing triathlon nowadays is even if he is clean today, he was able to make massive gains during the time that he was doping so he has an advantage. Your olympic argument is the same really…yes they're testing the athletes often once they're in the mix for the Olympics but what about the years when they weren't on the radar?

Just look at the guy who won the Olympic Cycling road race…Vino is a known doper, admitted. The guy was banned for a couple of years because he had won some stages in the TDF doped to the gills (really cool stage wins that were awesome to watch but obviously drug fueled, they were unhuman efforts) and now that guy, racing clean "today" gets to win a gold medal.

I just don't know if they'll ever figure out a way to deal with it.
Back to the top
Control functions: