Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Secret Homecoming

Add topic

Have you alumni ever been contacted about Homecoming events?

I mean, you'll obviously know when the Homecoming game is if you have season tickets but other than that, do you hear anything? Do you guys know what's happening besides the game?

Because I certainly don't remember ever getting something about Homecoming and I'm wondering if it's just my own bad luck (because I get letters and True Blue newsletters, so they definitely know where I live). I'm seeing a story about Homecoming on the True Blue website but I don't think I've received one in the mail about this yet.

And let's say I'm in another state and want to come in for a couple day's events, I would kind of need a little more time to book a flight and hotel and everything when Homecoming's kicking off in nine days.

It just seems to me that I'm not getting invited to "come home" for Homecoming, which I find odd, not to mention a lack of brochures for football or basketball tickets. When I was on campus I tried to make it out to at least half of the Homecoming events, though when I did it was almost all students…

I guess it's a budgetary thing but still, isn't Homecoming about reconnecting alumni with campus?
Back to the top

Re: Homecoming

I may be a little out of the loop , but the first I heard of it was on a post Wednesday by OwlMom1. I know what your getting at. The lack of communication.. Don't feel bad. It's not just you.
Back to the top

Re: Secret Homecoming

I have been, emails about the Talon Awards, who is winning, all that. I am a member of the Parliament of Owls though, so that might be why.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Have you alumni ever been contacted about Homecoming events?

I mean, you'll obviously know when the Homecoming game is if you have season tickets but other than that, do you hear anything? Do you guys know what's happening besides the game?

Because I certainly don't remember ever getting something about Homecoming and I'm wondering if it's just my own bad luck (because I get letters and True Blue newsletters, so they definitely know where I live). I'm seeing a story about Homecoming on the True Blue website but I don't think I've received one in the mail about this yet.

And let's say I'm in another state and want to come in for a couple day's events, I would kind of need a little more time to book a flight and hotel and everything when Homecoming's kicking off in nine days.

It just seems to me that I'm not getting invited to "come home" for Homecoming, which I find odd, not to mention a lack of brochures for football or basketball tickets. When I was on campus I tried to make it out to at least half of the Homecoming events, though when I did it was almost all students…

I guess it's a budgetary thing but still, isn't Homecoming about reconnecting alumni with campus?

I have a contact in administration and they gave me a copy of your transcripts….apparently you were 1 credit short of your degree!!  They are withholding all homecoming invitation until you take the last credit.
Back to the top

You better not even THINK about taking snaps for the football team then! ZERO exceptions :)
Back to the top

FWIW on the way in to work today I heard a Radio Ad for the October 27th game on ESPN760.

It did mention Homecoming, Trick or Treating for the kids, and $5.00 tickets.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I do get emails every now and then along with the true blue news letter, but your right, no mention of any homecoming events otherwise.  Thats just the way FAU has always been.  I can't really blame it on the budget because they were never great at promotions from day one, but I'm just used to it now.  I get all my info from you guys on here.  I think this I'm going to try to come down for this year's homecoming game, not sure yet though. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Secret Homecoming

I receive information. Let's remember that the Homecoming Department is NOT run through Alumni Relations. While the alumni office has the Talon Awards and the Homecoming football game tailgate as part of the festivities, the Homecoming Department is run through student affairs.

Also - the responsibility of awareness should be shared betwen FAU alerting alumni – AND ALUMNI LOOKING FOR THE INFORMATION. If the Homecoming game is Oct. 27, then Alumni can reasonably expect Homecoming events for Alumni to take place Wednesday evening/Thursday evening through Saturday evening's football game.

I always booked my flight as soon as I found out when the football game was understanding that the alumni office probably wouldn't have an alumni event on Tuesday at 12 noon, and would reserve the "come home" events for Wednesday evening through Saturday.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: