Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

You could only imagine what Mike Leach would of said about our team....

Mike Leach says some of his team’s seniors ‘have an empty corpse quality’

Mike Leach has a new idea for a zombie movie: the Washington State 2012 season highlight video.

To be fair, Leach didn't say his entire team, which is off to a 2-4 start, was full of zombies. Just some of the seniors.

In a transcript from Leach's press conference that was published by The Spokesman-Review, the Washington State coach had some rather unkind things to say about some of his seniors and their leadership:

"I think it's mixed," Leach said. "I think some it's stellar. I think Gino (Simone, senior receiver), Gino's a guy elected team captain this week. Came from not playing hardly at all to elected team captain. A lot of it is just he's kind of accelerated his focus and effort. Some of them have been great and some of them have been very poor. Some of them have had kind of this zombie-like, go through the motions, everything is like how it's always been, that's how it'll always be. Some of them quite honestly have an empty corpse quality. That's not pleasant to say or pleasant to think about, but that's a fact. That's why it's been necessary for us to have the youth moment that we've had."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/mike-leach-says-team-seniors-empty-corpse-quality-235824785--ncaaf.html
Back to the top

Re: You could only imagine what Mike Leach would of said about our team....

Don't want to go there, now do we??

;D
Back to the top

mike leach would have quit by now...

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

No...we would be scoring 30 pts. a game vs. Belt teams already and be 3-2 IMHO.
Back to the top

You could only imagine what Mike Leach would of said about our team....

GeorgiaOwl said

No…we would be scoring 30 pts. a game vs. Belt teams already and be 3-2 IMHO.

Doubt that very highly. We don't have the players to do that. His recruiting methods are different than Pelini's of course but we could have Urban Myer coaching this team and we'd still suck right now. Lets see how recruiting goes now that he's had a full season to do it and now that he sees exactly what's wrong with this team and what positions he needs to emphasize on in recruiting (QB!!!!)

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Our "newcomers' for this seaon are not making the impact mocst of us hoper for. Wortst receiving corp and o line in the country last year and the new JUCO's and freshman still not playing. Make your own judgement, but either the guys Pelini and staff just recruited are not as good as hoped for OR they just want more experience on the field.
But seeing how the O AND D lines have been handled and performing (fair to poor IMHO) I am not sure what the deal is.

And NO WAY do we only score 7 vs. Wagner and 14 vs. N. Texas at home or 17 at MTSU. Simply we win the two WINABLE Belt games and we are 3-2 and not 1-4. Not a miracle maker needed to win our 1st two Belt games of the year.
Back to the top

Pelini had to go the JUCO rout for a lot of his recruits because the main recruiting period was already over by the time he got the job. In Washington State's 2nd game of the season (their home opener) they only put up 24 points in a 24-20 win over Eastern Washington.

So we may have only scored 7, but only allowed 3. They scored 24 but allowed 20. So Mike Leach isn't the be all to end all of College Coaches. Who knows if he would've done a better job than Pelini has so far.

That's like saying Will Smith (who turned down the role), would've done a better job in the Matrix movies than Keanu Reeves. They each have a different style and people will always second guess a decision. I'm sure no one can picture Will Smith in that role, but what if it was the other way around and Keanu turned it down and Smith got the job. Would anyone say, those movies were good, but if Keanu Reeves played that part instead they would've been excellent?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Pelini had to go the JUCO rout for a lot of his recruits because the main recruiting period was already over by the time he got the job. In Washington State's 2nd game of the season (their home opener) they only put up 24 points in a 24-20 win over Eastern Washington.

So we may have only scored 7, but only allowed 3. They scored 24 but allowed 20. So Mike Leach isn't the be all to end all of College Coaches. Who knows if he would've done a better job than Pelini has so far.

That's like saying Will Smith (who turned down the role), would've done a better job in the Matrix movies than Keanu Reeves. They each have a different style and people will always second guess a decision. I'm sure no one can picture Will Smith in that role, but what if it was the other way around and Keanu turned it down and Smith got the job. Would anyone say, those movies were good, but if Keanu Reeves played that part instead they would've been excellent?

Perhaps Pelini did go the Juco route because he came in too late. But then why is he doing it again this year. I have no problem going to Juco for a couple of obvious holes, but when you focus primarily on Jucos, you could be turning away potential younger talent. Talent that could play for FAU for more than just a year or two…especially at key positions of continuity like QB. Need the younger talent to build the future too. That's the problem I have with German, why was he the only QB we inked? Should have done a high school kid too.

As far as the Will Smith vs. Keanu Reeves…no contest. The Matrix series is great, but I loved Will smith in "I am Legend." So I feel that he could have made the Matrix movies even better. Of course it's subjective, but interesting discussion  :P

http://www.the-movie-times.com/thrsdir/ActorVS.cgi?wsmith+kreeves

Back to the top

It would be foolish to think that our coaching staff is not out looking for a  high school QB of the future. Coach P keeps so much info to himself that it causes fans like us to speculate. By the way, most our speculation is probably incorrect. If there is a JUCO  out there that would come to FAU and make a difference, any coach would try to bring him in. No matter what position.
Back to the top

Local said

It would be foolish to think that our coaching staff is not out looking for a  high school QB of the future. Coach P keeps so much info to himself that it causes fans like us to speculate. By the way, most our speculation is probably incorrect. If there is a JUCO  out there that would come to FAU and make a difference, any coach would try to bring him in. No matter what position.

At least we would be scoring more points and have more exciting games. We have played two HOME games so far under Pelini and Wright and have yeat to SCORE in the 1st half, and I am not talking about vs. the BigBoy schools, but freaking Wagner and N. Texas. More exciting games WILL sell more tickets, especially when you are still not winning AND are playing nobody teams that S. Florida could care less about. The ACTUAL attendance at both games put together would not 2/3 fill the new stadium.  The worst part is seeing just how EMPTY the expensive RED section of seats in the stadium always is and the students DID NOT SHOW for N. Texas!
Back to the top
Control functions: