Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CBS SPORTS: 2012-13 Owls 4th Best Team in Sun Belt's Eastern Division

Add topic

So they say…

Florida Atlantic will have a tough time climbing to the top of the league standings, but if it happens, Greg Gantt will be the reason.

East

1. MTSU

2. Western Kentucky

3. South Alabama

4. Florida Atlantic

5. FIU

6. Troy

This just in:

The Blue Raiders don't have Laron Dendy anymore.

Not sure why the love is there, but anyway.

And for the West…

1. North Texas

2. Arkansas St.

3. Arkansas-Little Rock

4. Louisiana-Lafayette

5. Louisiana-Monroe

Tony Mitchell is obviously talented, but unless he got some help in the off season, expect another one man show from the Mean Green. Is it enough to win it all though? We'll see. It obviously wasn't enough to beat a struggling Owl squad last year.

You can read the full preview Here

Back to the top

Re: CBS SPORTS: 2012-13 Owls 4th Best Team in Sun Belt's Eastern Division

I would like to defend us but after last season I'll take the wait and see approach…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

anyone, even the Jarvis himself can't predict what this team will do. there's more newcomers than returners!

wait and see 100%

Back to the top

Can't say we'll finish in first but I think we'll surprise a lot of people in the SBC. No selfishness on this team and potentially a dominante big man holding down the paint. The scoring is there. We already know that with Greg and Pablo returning and the addition of Moody. Our biggest weakness last year was size and defense and I think we've addressed that in a BIG way.
Back to the top

CBS SPORTS: 2012-13 Owls 4th Best Team in Sun Belt's Eastern Division

Owl_Ranger said

Our biggest weakness last year was size and defense and I think we've addressed that in a BIG way.

Definitely added some size, the D is still out to the jury for me though…

Have to see these guys play first.
Back to the top

MTSU is still on top of the conference because the rest of their team is stacked. They're getting an at-large bid this year.
Back to the top

for ten years I've heard the same thing about recruits, about being stacked and being the year. The team hasn't won a game in March in 5 years. When they win some nonconference games we'll talk.
Back to the top

This year will be a new team with a new chemistry, they now just have to go on the court and prove themselves to be a good TEAM. Who cares where you are pre-season ranked, it is where you finish! Go BB Owls!
Back to the top

i agree with you, let's see where we finish. The Sunbelt is going to be very good this year with MTSU and North Texas leading the pack. WKU and USA should be good. And even Arkansas St. has a pretty good team.

We'll see how the nonconference shapes up.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

for ten years I've heard the same thing about recruits, about being stacked and being the year.

Where's Nick Neumann when you need him!
Back to the top
Control functions: